Fresh Batch, posted weekly, keeps you up to date on the hottest releases of the upcoming week.
Flavor of the week:
You’re Welcome, Universe
Publication date: March 7th 2017
A vibrant, edgy, fresh new YA voice for fans of More Happy Than Not and Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda, packed with interior graffiti.
When Julia finds a slur about her best friend scrawled across the back of the Kingston School for the Deaf, she covers it up with a beautiful (albeit illegal) graffiti mural.
Her supposed best friend snitches, the principal expels her, and her two mothers set Julia up with a one-way ticket to a “mainstream” school in the suburbs, where she’s treated like an outcast as the only deaf student. The last thing she has left is her art, and not even Banksy himself could convince her to give that up.
Out in the ’burbs, Julia paints anywhere she can, eager to claim some turf of her own. But Julia soon learns that she might not be the only vandal in town. Someone is adding to her tags, making them better, showing off—and showing Julia up in the process. She expected her art might get painted over by cops. But she never imagined getting dragged into a full-blown graffiti war.
Told with wit and grit by debut author Whitney Gardner, who also provides gorgeous interior illustrations of Julia’s graffiti tags, You’re Welcome, Universe introduces audiences to a one-of-a-kind protagonist who is unabashedly herself no matter what life throws in her way.
Other releases this week:
* In no particular order *
– Etched in Bone (The Others #5) by Anne Bishop [Purchase]
– Traitor to the Throne (Rebel of the Sands #2) by Alwyn Hamilton [Purchase]
– The Inexplicable Logic of My Life by Benjamin Alire Sáenz [Purchase]
– The Song Rising (The Bone Season #3) by Samantha Shannon [Purchase]
– The Great Pursuit (Eurona Duology #2) by Wendy Higgins [Purchase]
– Big Mushy Happy Lump (Sarah’s Scribbles) by Sarah Andersen [Purchase]
– Silence Fallen (Mercy Thompson #10) by Patricia Briggs [Purchase]
– Seven Days of You by Cecilia Vinesse [Purchase]
– Done Dirt Cheap by Sarah Nicole Lemon [Purchase]
– Goodbye Days by Jeff Zentner [Purchase]
– Wonderful Feels Like This by Sara Lövestam [Purchase]
– Alone (The Generations Trilogy #3) by Scott Sigler [Purchase]
– The Other F-Word by Natasha Friend [Purchase]
– The Bone Witch (The Bone Witch #1) by Rin Chupeco [Purchase]
– Masquerade (Micah Grey #3) by Laura Lam [Purchase]
– Unfiltered: No Shame, No Regrets, Just Me. by Lily Collins [Purchase]
– The Most Dangerous Thing by Leanne Lieberman [Purchase]
– Silent by David Mellon [Purchase]
– Piper Perish by Kayla Cagan [Purchase]
– Proof of Lies (Anastasia Phoenix #1) by Diana Rodriguez Wallach [Purchase]
– The Maddie Diaries: A Memoir by Maddie Ziegler [Purchase]
– For Love and Honor (An Uncertain Choice #3) by Jody Hedlund [Purchase]
– The Stone House (A Class Novel) by A.K. Benedict/Patrick Ness [Purchase]
– Girl Code: Gaming, Going Viral, and Getting It Done by Andrea Gonzales & Sophie Houser [Purchase]
Anything on your wishlist this week?