Today we are partnering with the lovely people over at Little, Brown to bring you a fabulous giveaway for Defy the Stars by Claudia Gray. Alert: THIS BOOK IS SET IN SPACE. <– important fact because all books set in space are always on my tbr since I’ve kind of been obsessed with space since I was a bb8 and wanted to do that astronaut as a career thing (now I am a lit major so that didn’t technically work out.)
About the Book
Defy the Stars
Genre: Sci-Fi, YA
Publication date: April 4th, 2017
by Little Brown Books for Young Readers
Our worlds belong to us.
She's a soldier.
Noemi Vidal is seventeen years old and sworn to protect her planet, Genesis. She's willing to risk anything--including her own life. To their enemies on Earth, she's a rebel.
He's a machine.
Abandoned in space for years, utterly alone, Abel has advanced programming that's begun to evolve. He wants only to protect his creator, and to be free. To the people of Genesis, he's an abomination.
Noemi and Abel are enemies in an interstellar war, forced by chance to work together as they embark on a daring journey through the stars. Their efforts would end the fighting for good, but they're not without sacrifice. The stakes are even higher than either of them first realized, and the more time they spend together, the more they're forced to question everything they'd been taught was true.
About the Author
Claudia Gray is the author of the bestselling Evernight series, Fateful, the Spellcaster trilogy, and the Firebird trilogy. She is also the author of the young adult Star Wars novels Lost Stars and the forthcoming Bloodline. She has worked as a lawyer, a journalist, a disc jockey, and a particularly ineffective waitress. Her lifelong interests include old houses, classic movies, vintage style, and history. She lives in New Orleans
What’s your place in the future? FIND OUT:
One (1) winner receives:
A Copy of Defy the Stars
Nebula Ear Studs
Constellation Ear Cuffs
- Open to US residents
- Xpresso Reads will not be responsible for any lost/damaged items
- You must be 13+ or have parental permission to participate
- No Cheating Allowed
- A new winner will be picked if the initial winner does not respond within 48 hours.
Latest posts by Rashika (see all)
- A Promising Spin Off: Sapphire Flames by Ilona Andrews - October 31, 2019
- Pulls No Punches: Deadly Little Scandals by Jennifer Lynn Barnes - October 24, 2019
- An Adorable Rom-Com: Unhoneymooners by Christina Lauren - October 9, 2019
- Dear Haiti, Love Alaine by Maika Moulite and Maritza Moulite - October 4, 2019