Fresh Batch, posted weekly, keeps you up to date on the hottest releases of the upcoming week.
Flavor of the week:
Series: Lifelike #1
Publication date: May 29th 2018
by Knopf Books for Young Readers
On a floating junkyard beneath a radiation sky, a deadly secret lies buried in the scrap.
Eve isn’t looking for secrets—she’s too busy looking over her shoulder. The robot gladiator she’s just spent six months building has been reduced to a smoking wreck, and the only thing keeping her Grandpa from the grave was the fistful of credits she just lost to the bookies. To top it off, she’s discovered she can destroy electronics with the power of her mind, and the puritanical Brotherhood are building a coffin her size. If she’s ever had a worse day, Eve can’t remember it.
But when Eve discovers the ruins of an android boy named Ezekiel in the scrap pile she calls home, her entire world comes crashing down. With her best friend Lemon Fresh and her robotic conscience, Cricket, in tow, she and Ezekiel will trek across deserts of irradiated glass, infiltrate towering megacities and scour the graveyard of humanity’s greatest folly to save the ones Eve loves, and learn the dark secrets of her past.
Even if those secrets were better off staying buried.
Other releases this week:
* In no particular order *
– The Death of Mrs. Westaway by Ruth Ware [Purchase]
– Listen to Your Heart by Kasie West [Purchase]
– All the Little Lights by Jamie McGuire [Purchase]
– Lies You Never Told Me by Jennifer Donaldson [Purchase]
– I Felt a Funeral, in My Brain by Will Walton [Purchase]
– Bright Burns the Night (Dark Breaks the Dawn Duology #2) by Sara B. Larson [Purchase]
– The Universe Is Expanding and So Am I (Virginia Shreves #2) by Carolyn Mackler [Purchase]
– The Disappearance of Sloane Sullivan by Gia Cribbs [Purchase]
– Give Me Some Truth by Eric Gansworth [Purchase]
– Legendary (Caraval #2) by Stephanie Garber [Purchase]
– Screenshot by Donna Cooner [Purchase]
– Questions I Want to Ask You by Michelle Falkoff [Purchase]
– Stand Beautiful: A story of brokenness, beauty and embracing it all by Chloe Howard with Margot Starbuck [Purchase]
– Demon Hunters: Ascension: Book 2 by Olivia Chase [Purchase]
– Holly Jolly Summer by Tiffany Stewart [Purchase]
– Summer Skin by Kirsty Eagar [Purchase]
– The Slave Prince by Jeyna Grace [Purchase]
– Tenth Grade Angst by Bruce Ingram [Purchase]
– Love and Lechery at Albert Hall: Pina and Katie and the Stalker of Albert Hall by Dolores Maggiore [Purchase]
– The Three Hares: Bloodline by Geoffrey Simpson [Purchase]
What are you excited for the most this week?