Fresh Batch, posted weekly, keeps you up to date on the hottest releases of the upcoming week.
Flavor of the week:
A Flicker in the Clarity
Publication date: June 12th 2018
For as long as Evie can remember, she and Emma have been best friends. They’ve gone through everything together—only Evie understood what it was like for Emma to lose her older brother in a car accident. And though they couldn’t be more different—Emma is the life of the party while Evie is shy—the dynamic has always worked for them.
But then Evie makes a careless mistake that ends up having serious consequences for Emma. They’ve had their squabbles before, but this is different. When Evie tries to apologize, Emma ignores her texts, gets a new best friend, and completely freezes her out. Evie didn’t mean to betray Emma in the way that she did, and she’s desperate to get back in Emma’s good graces. Who is Evie without Emma?
Then Evie meets Theo, a kindred spirit unlike any boy she’s ever encountered. With him, she can at least pretend like her life is normal. But just as she’s about to let go and fully fall into whatever is happening with him, Emma resurfaces, miraculously letting Evie back in—though it’s not without consequence. Erratic behavior, drunken incidents, and panicked late-night calls are only some of the hoops Emma makes Evie jump through. All Evie has wanted is to get her best friend back—but Emma seems hell-bent on self-destruction. Evie is used to swooping in to pull Emma out of her troubles, but how do you help someone who doesn’t want to be saved?
Other releases this week:
* In no particular order *
– Final Draft by Riley Redgate [Purchase]
– Tell Me No Lies by Adele Griffin [Purchase]
– Every Exquisite Thing (Ghosts of the Shadow Market #3) by Cassandra Clare and Maureen Johnson [Purchase]
– A Reaper at the Gates (Ember Quartet #3) by Sabaa Tahir [Purchase]
– The Merciless IV: Last Rites (The Merciless #4) by Danielle Vega [Purchase]
– SuperMoon by H.A. Swain[Purchase]
– Freshmen by Tom Ellen and Lucy Ivison [Purchase]
– The Fall of Innocence by Jenny Torres Sanchez [Purchase]
What’s catching your eye this week?