Fresh Batch, posted weekly, keeps you up to date on the hottest releases of the upcoming week.
Flavor of the week:
Publication date: July 31st 2018
by Katherine Tegen Books
Everyone knows what happens in the end.
A mermaid, a prince, a true love’s kiss.
But before that young siren’s tale, there were three friends.
One feared, one royal, and one already dead.
Ever since her best friend, Anna, drowned, Evie has been an outcast in her small fishing town. A freak. A curse. A witch.
A girl with an uncanny resemblance to Anna appears offshore and, though the girl denies it, Evie is convinced that her best friend actually survived. That her own magic wasn’t so powerless after all. And, as the two girls catch the eyes—and hearts—of two charming princes, Evie believes that she might finally have a chance at her own happily ever after.
But her new friend has secrets of her own. She can’t stay in Havnestad, or on two legs, unless Evie finds a way to help her. Now Evie will do anything to save her friend’s humanity, along with her prince’s heart—harnessing the power of her magic, her ocean, and her love until she discovers, too late, the truth of her bargain.
The rise of Hans Christian Andersen’s iconic villainess is a heart-wrenching story of friendship, betrayal, and a girl pushed beyond her limits—to become a monster.
Other releases this week:
* In no particular order *
– Forget You, Ethan (Forget You Ethan #1) by Whitney G. [Purchase]
– Heart of Thorns (Heart of Thorns #1) by Bree Barton [Purchase]
– The Cheerleaders by Kara Thomas [Purchase]
– The Darkest Legacy (The Darkest Minds #4) by Alexandra Bracken [Purchase]
– Lovely, Dark, and Deep by Justina Chen [Purchase]
– Storm-Wake by Lucy Christopher [Purchase]
– The Impossibility of Us by Katy Upperman [Purchase]
– Grace and Fury (Untitled #1) by Tracy Banghart [Purchase]
What are you looking forward to this week?