Fresh Batch, posted weekly, keeps you up to date on the hottest releases of the upcoming week.
Flavor of the week:
The Burning Sky
Series: The Elemental Trilogy #1
Publication date: September 17th 2013
by Balzer + Bray
It all began with a ruined elixir and an accidental bolt of lightning…
Iolanthe Seabourne is the greatest elemental mage of her generation—or so she’s being told. The one prophesied for years to be the savior of The Realm. It is her duty and destiny to face and defeat the Bane, the greatest mage tyrant the world has ever known. A suicide task for anyone let alone a sixteen-year-old girl with no training, facing a prophecy that foretells a fiery clash to the death.
Prince Titus of Elberon has sworn to protect Iolanthe at all costs but he’s also a powerful mage committed to obliterating the Bane to avenge the death of his family—even if he must sacrifice both Iolanthe and himself to achieve his goal.
But Titus makes the terrifying mistake of falling in love with the girl who should have been only a means to an end. Now, with the servants of the Bane closing in, he must choose between his mission and her life.
Sherry Thomas’s Website / Facebook / Twitter
Sherry Thomas is one of the most acclaimed romance authors working today. Her books regularly receive starred reviews from trade publications and are frequently found on best-of-the-year lists. She is also a two-time winner of Romance Writers of America’s prestigious RITA® Award.
English is Sherry’s second language—she has come a long way from the days when she made her laborious way through Rosemary Roger’s Sweet Savage Love with an English-Chinese dictionary. She enjoys digging down to the emotional core of stories. And when she is not writing, she thinks about the zen and zaniness of her profession, plays computer games with her sons, and reads as many fabulous books as she can find.
Sherry’s next book, THE BURNING SKY, volume one of her young adult fantasy trilogy, will be available fall 2013.
Other releases this week:
* In no particular order *
– Help for the Haunted by John Searles [Purchase]
– Unspoken (Woodlands #2) by Jen Frederick[Purchase]
– Give Me Strength (Give Me #2) by Kate McCarthy [Purchase]
– The Dream Thieves (The Raven Cycle #2) by Maggie Stiefvater [Purchase]
– United We Spy (Gallagher Girls #6) by Ally Carter [Purchase]
– Covet by Tracey Garvis-Graves [Purchase]
– Frozen (Heart of Dread #1) by Melissa de la Cruz and Michael Johnston [Purchase]
– Unchained (Nephilim Rising #1) by J. Lynn [Purchase]
– A Little Too Far (A Little Too Far #1) by Lisa Desrochers [Purchase]
– Tumble & Fall by Alexandra Coutts [Purchase]
– Thankless in Death (In Death #37) by J.D. Robb [Purchase]
– All of You by Christina Lee [Purchase]
– Once We Were (The Hybrid Chronicles #2) by Kat Zhang [Purchase]
– 3:59 by Gretchen McNeil [Purchase]
– Kinslayer (The Lotus War #2) by Jay Kristoff [Purchase]
– This Song Will Save Your Life by Leila Sales [Purchase]
– Fortunately, the Milk by Neil Gaiman [Purchase]
– The Clockwork Scarab (Stoker & Holmes #1) by Colleen Gleason [Purchase]
– Delia’s Shadow by Jaime Lee Moyer [Purchase]
– The Wicked Within (Gods & Monsters #3) by Kelly Keaton [Purchase]
– Dead Girls Don’t Lie by Jennifer Shaw Wolf [Purchase]
– Seven for a Secret (Timothy Wilde Mysteries #2) by Lyndsay Faye [Purchase]
– Saving Raphael Santiago (The Bane Chronicles Part #6) by Cassandra Clare and Sarah Rees Brennan [Purchase]
– Because You’re Mine (Mine #1) by K. Langston [Purchase]
– QB 1 by Mike Lupica [Purchase]
– The Longest Ride by Nicholas Sparks [Purchase]
Anything catching your eye this week?
You can support my blog by using this link (also found on sidebar) to shop at TBD
Find previous Fresh Batch posts here!