Fresh Batch, posted weekly, keeps you up to date on the hottest releases of the upcoming week.
Flavor of the week:
Series: Goddess War #1
Publication date: September 10th 2013
by Tor Teen
Old Gods never die…
Or so Athena thought. But then the feathers started sprouting beneath her skin, invading her lungs like a strange cancer, and Hermes showed up with a fever eating away his flesh. So much for living a quiet eternity in perpetual health.
Desperately seeking the cause of their slow, miserable deaths, Athena and Hermes travel the world, gathering allies and discovering enemies both new and old. Their search leads them to Cassandra—an ordinary girl who was once an extraordinary prophetess, protected and loved by a god.
These days, Cassandra doesn’t involve herself in the business of gods—in fact, she doesn’t even know they exist. But she could be the key in a war that is only just beginning.
Because Hera, the queen of the gods, has aligned herself with other of the ancient Olympians, who are killing off rivals in an attempt to prolong their own lives. But these anti-gods have become corrupted in their desperation to survive, horrific caricatures of their former glory. Athena will need every advantage she can get, because immortals don’t just flicker out.
Every one of them dies in their own way. Some choke on feathers. Others become monsters. All of them rage against their last breath.
The Goddess War is about to begin.
I tire of writing these things in the third person. So. I write fiction, apparently mostly YA. I didn’t know this, but like Stephen King says, writers are the last ones to know what it is they’ve written. My first novel,Sleepwalk Society is a college story. I guess it falls into that no man’s land they call, “New Adult”. Anna Dressed in Blood and Girl of Nightmares are teen horror. My short fiction can be found online in numerous places.
But enough about that. When I am not writing or reading, you can generally find me sitting around wondering what the hell I’m going to do with my life. That, or being a gastronome, plotting a new recipe. Perhaps on a run or hike, playing tennis or watching Big Cat Diaries with my feline. This summer I have saved a total of three turtles during attempted road crossings.
Other releases this week:
* In no particular order *
- Monsters (Ashes Trilogy #3) by Ilsa J. Bick [Purchase]
- Thornhill (Hemlock #2) by Kathleen Peacock [Purchase]
- Thin Space by Jody Casella [Purchase]
- Rose Under Fire (Code Name Verity) by Elizabeth Wein [Purchase]
- The Final Descent (The Monstrumologist #4) by Rick Yancey [Purchase]
- Cherry Money Baby by John M. Cusick [Purchase]
- Relativity by Cristin Bishara [Purchase]
- More Than This by Patrick Ness [Purchase]
- Rivers by Michael Farris Smith [Purchase]
- Very Bad Things (Briarcrest Academy #1) by Ilsa Madden-Mills [Purchase]
- Gold (Bandia #2) by Talia Vance [Purchase]
- If Forever Comes (Take This Regret #2) by A.L. Jackson [Purchase]
- Until It Hurts to Stop by Jennifer R. Hubbard [Purchase]
- Unthinkable (Impossible #2) by Nancy Werlin [Purchase]
- Perfect Regret (Bad Rep #2) by A. Meredith Walters
- Sign of the Throne (The Solas Beir Trilogy #1) by Melissa Eskue Ousley[Purchase]
A big release week! What are you excited for this week?
You can support my blog by using this link (also found on sidebar) to shop at TBD