Fresh Batch, posted weekly, keeps you up to date on the hottest releases of the upcoming week.
Flavor of the week:
In a Perfect World
Publication date: May 23rd 2017
by Simon Pulse
Caroline Kelly is excited to be spending her summer vacation working at the local amusement park with her best friend, exploring weird Ohio with her boyfriend, and attending soccer camp with the hope she’ll be her team’s captain in the fall.
But when Caroline’s mother is hired to open an eye clinic in Cairo, Egypt, Caroline’s plans are upended. Caroline is now expected to spend her summer and her senior year in a foreign country, away from her friends, her home, and everything she’s ever known.
With this move, Caroline predicts she’ll spend her time navigating crowded streets, eating unfamiliar food, and having terrible bouts of homesickness. But when she finds instead is a culture that surprises her, a city that astounds her, and a charming, unpredictable boy who challenges everything she thought she knew about life, love, and privilege.
Other releases this week:
* In no particular order *
– Crazy House by James Patterson & Gabrielle Charbonnet [Purchase]
– The Gauntlet (The Cage #3) by Megan Shepherd [Purchase]
– Lord of Shadows (The Dark Artifices #2) by Cassandra Clare [Purchase]
– Refuge for Masterminds (Stranje House #3) by Kathleen Baldwin [Purchase]
– Darkest Days by N.W. Harris [Purchase]
– Queer there and Everywhere: 22 People Who Changed the World by Sarah Prager [Purchase]
– Dove Alight (Dove Chronicles #3) by Karen Bao [Purchase]
– The Fashion Committee by Susan Juby [Purchase]
What’s on your wishlist this week?
Find previous Fresh Batch posts here!