Fresh Batch, posted weekly, keeps you up to date on the hottest releases of the upcoming week.
Flavor of the week:
Publication date: August 30th 2016
by Dutton Books for Young Readers
The bestselling author of the Shatter Me series takes readers beyond the limits of their imagination in this captivating new middle grade adventure where color is currency, adventure is inevitable, and friendship is found in the most unexpected places.
There are only three things that matter to twelve-year-old Alice Alexis Queensmeadow: Mother, who wouldn’t miss her; magic and color, which seem to elude her; and Father, who always loved her. The day Father disappears from Ferenwood he takes nothing but a ruler with him. But it’s been almost three years since then, and Alice is determined to find him. She loves her father even more than she loves adventure, and she’s about to embark on one to find the other.
But bringing Father home is no small matter. In order to find him she’ll have to travel through the mythical, dangerous land of Furthermore, where down can be up, paper is alive, and left can be both right and very, very wrong. Her only companion is a boy named Oliver whose own magical ability is based in lies and deceit–and with a liar by her side in a land where nothing is as it seems, it will take all of Alice’s wits (and every limb she’s got) to find Father and return home to Ferenwood in one piece. On her quest to find Father, Alice must first find herself–and hold fast to the magic of love in the face of loss.
Other releases this week:
* In no particular order *
– The Graces (The Graces #1) by Laure Eve [Purchase]
– Tales of the Peculiar by Ransom Riggs [Purchase]
– The Bronze Key (Magisterium #3) by Holly Black & Cassandra Clare [Purchase]
– The Thousandth Floor (The Thousandth Floor #1) by Katharine McGee [Purchase]
– Georgia Peaches and Other Forbidden Fruit by Jaye Robin Brown [Purchase]
– Been Here All Along by Sandy Hall [Purchase]
– The Scourge by Jennifer A. Nielsen [Purchase]
– Poppy (Poppy #1) by Mary Hooper [Purchase]
– The Form of Things Unknown by Robin Bridges [Purchase]
– The Call by Peadar Ó Guilín [Purchase]
– A Torch Against the Night (An Ember in the Ashes #2) by Sabaa Tahir [Purchase]
– The Fray Theory: Resonance (The Fray Theory #1) by Nelou Keramati [Purchase]
– Girl in Pieces by Kathleen Glasgow [Purchase]
– Miss Peregrine’s Journal for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs [Purchase]
– Just Kill Me by Adam Selzer [Purchase]
– Fair to Hope by Sam Reed [Purchase]
– Kingdom of Ash and Briars by Hannah West [Purchase]
– Kook by Chris Vick [Purchase]
– Into the Abyss (Falls the Shadow #2) by Stefanie Gaither [Purchase]
– Tell Me Something Real by Calla Devlin [Purchase]
– In-between Days by Vikki Wakefield [Purchase]
– The Fixes by Owen Matthews [Purchase]
– For This Life Only by Stacey Kade [Purchase]
– The Monster on the Road Is Me by J.P. Romney [Purchase]
– Memory Girl by Linda Joy Singleton [Purchase]
Anything catching your eye this week?
You can support Xpresso Reads by using this link (also found on sidebar) to shop at TBD
Find previous Fresh Batch posts here!