Fresh Batch, posted weekly, keeps you up to date on the hottest releases of the upcoming week.
Flavor of the week:
Series: Talon #1
Publication date: October 28th 2014
by Harlequin Teen
Long ago, dragons were hunted to near extinction by the Order of St. George, a legendary society of dragon slayers. Hiding in human form and growing their numbers in secret, the dragons of Talon have become strong and cunning, and they’re positioned to take over the world with humans none the wiser.
Ember and Dante Hill are the only sister and brother known to dragonkind. Trained to infiltrate society, Ember wants to live the teen experience and enjoy a summer of freedom before taking her destined place in Talon. But destiny is a matter of perspective, and a rogue dragon will soon challenge everything Ember has been taught. As Ember struggles to accept her future, she and her brother are hunted by the Order of St. George.
Soldier Garret Xavier Sebastian has a mission to seek and destroy all dragons, and Talon’s newest recruits in particular. But he cannot kill unless he is certain he has found his prey: and nothing is certain about Ember Hill. Faced with Ember’s bravery, confidence and all-too-human desires, Garret begins to question everything that the Order has ingrained in him: and what he might be willing to give up to find the truth about dragons.
Other releases this week:
* In no particular order *
– A Shard of Ice (The Black Symphony Saga #1) by Alivia Anders [Purchase]
– Compulsion (The Heirs of Watson Island #1) by Martina Boone [Purchase]
– The Slow Regard of Silent Things (Tales from Temerant) by Patrick Rothfuss [Purchase]
– Yes Please by Amy Poehler [Purchase]
– Stone Cold Touch (The Dark Elements #2) by Jennifer L. Armentrout [Purchase]
– Last Light (Night Owl #2) by M. Pierce [Purchase]
– Archangel’s Shadows (Guild Hunter #7) by Nalini Singh [Purchase]
– Atlantia by Ally Condie [Purchase]
– Blood Magick (The Cousins O’Dwyer Trilogy #3) by Nora Roberts [Purchase]
– Us by David Nicholls [Purchase]
– Rellik by Teresa Mummert [Purchase]
– Burn for Me (Hidden Legacy #1) by Ilona Andrews [Purchase]
– Earth & Sky (Earth & Sky #1) by Megan Crewe [Purchase]
– Get Happy by Mary Amato [Purchase]
– The Opal Crown (The Opal Mask #2) by Jenny Lundquist [Purchase]
– Catalyst (Insignia #3) by S.J. Kincaid [Purchase]
– Until the End (Sea Breeze #9) by Abbi Glines [Purchase]
– Waterfall (Teardrop #2) by Lauren Kate [Purchase]
– Eternal (Shadow Falls: After Dark #2) by C.C. Hunter [Purchase]
– The World of Ice & Fire: The Untold History of Westeros and the Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin[Purchase]
– Resisting Ruby Rose (Ruby Rose #2) by Jessie Humphries [Purchase]
– All Broke Down (Rusk University #2) by Cora Carmack [Purchase]
– In the Afterlight (The Darkest Minds #3) by Alexandra Bracken [Purchase]
– Addicted After All (Addicted #3) by Krista Ritchie and Becca Ritchie [Purchase]
What are you the most excited for this week?
You can support Xpresso Reads by using this link (also found on sidebar) to shop at TBD