Fresh Batch, posted weekly, keeps you up to date on the hottest releases of the upcoming week.
Flavor of the week:
Publication date: February 20th 2018
by Feiwel & Friends
Set against a future of marauding space scavengers and deadly aliens who kill with sound, here is a frightening, fast-paced YA adventure from the author of the acclaimed horror novel, Shutter.
Tuck has been in stasis on the USS John Muir, a ship that houses Earth’s most valued artifacts—its natural resources. Parks and mountains are preserved in space.
Laura belongs to a shipraiding family, who are funded by a group used to getting what they want. And they want what’s on the Muir.
Tuck and Laura didn’t bargain on working together, or battling mutant aliens who use sound to kill. But their plan is the only hope for their crews, their families, and themselves.
In space, nobody can hear you scream . . . but on the John Muir, the screams are the last thing you’ll hear.
Other releases this week:
* In no particular order *
– Ink, Iron, and Glass (Ink, Iron, and Glass #1) by Gwendolyn Clare [Purchase]
– Blood of a Thousand Stars (Empress of a Thousand Skies #2) by Rhoda Belleza [Purchase]
– The Tombs by Deborah Schaumberg [Purchase]
– The Elysian Prophecy by Vivien Reis [Purchase]
– Flight Season by Marie Marquardt [Purchase]
– Can Your Outfit Change the World? by Erinne Paisley [Purchase]
– What the Night Sings by Vesper Stamper [Purchase]
– Heart of Ash (Blood and Salt #2) by Kim Liggett [Purchase]
What’s catching your eye this week?