2019 might truly be the year of romance novels because there are SO MANY GOOD ones coming out, I can barely keep track. I thought I’d share some of my most anticipated romance books of the year because they all deserve love.
1. A Prince on Paper by Alyssa Cole
Okay, so this might be cheating because I just started A Prince on Paper last night BUT ITS SO GOOD AND I LOVE IT SO MUCH.
2. The Bride Test by Helen Hoang
After falling in love with The Kiss Quotient last year, it is hardly a surprise I am anticipating Hoang’s sophomore novel.
3. Red, White and Royal Blue by Casey McQuiston
Is it possible to already love a book before you’ve read it??? IDK BUT I LOVE Red, White and Royal Blue and cannot wait to get sucked up in this rom com involving actual and political royalty.
4. Pride, Prejudice, and Other Flavors by Sonali Dev
I am here for all and any desi P&P retellings.
5. The Key to Happily Ever After by Tif Marcelo
Sisterhood and wedding planning businesses?? Count me the fuck in.
6. I Love You So Mochi by Sarah Kuhn
I still haven’t been able to read The Heroine Complex by Kuhn but I Love You So Mochi sounds so absolutely adorable, I cannot.
7. Passion on Park Avenue by Lauren Layne
Lauren Layne writes banter like no one else and I am so excited to meet her newest characters!!!
8. Ayesha at Last by Uzma Jalaluddin
Desi P&P, SEE ABOVE.
9. Natalie Tan’s Book of Luck and Fortune by Roselle Lim
THERE IS A RESTAURANT AND FOOD PORN. MUST I SAY ANYTHING ELSE?
10. Waiting for Tom Hanks by Kerry Winfrey
I feel somewhat attacked by the premise (a girl who has high expectations from romance after a lifetime of watching rom coms) BUT I AM HERE FOR THE CUTENESS.
11. Some Like it Scandalous by Maya Rodale
ahbsdhajsd ENEMIES TO LOVERS. I AM HERE.
12. The Devil Comes Courting by Courtney Milan
We still don’t have an official release date but I am going to die if this doesn’t come out this year.
13. The Right Swipe by Alisha Rai
After falling in love with her Forbidden Hearts series, I am here for anything Rai writes. ESPECIALLY A SPINOFF.
14. The Friend Zone by Abby Jimenez
I’ve seen all of 0 books dealing with infertility and I am here for a romcom that does that.
15. One Fine Duke by Lenora Bell
Nick introduced me to this series last year and I am very much a fan.
16. Brazen and The Beast by Sarah MacLean
While I didn’t love the first book in this series, I fell in love with the secondary characters and I cannot wait for their stories. ESPECIALLY ONE SPECIFIC ONE.
17. The Wallflower Wager by Tessa Dare
Yet another sequel I am anticipating after loving previous books in the series.
18. Well Met by Jen DeLuca
ENEMIES TO LOVERS, YET AGAIN. Honestly, I’ve been missing this trope a lot so I am here for here for any and all enemies to lovers books.
19. Bringing Down the Duke by Evie Dunmore
Suffragist meets a cold, calculating Duke??? yussss.
20. No Judgments by Meg Cabot
ITS MEG CABOT. BACK WITH A BRAND NEW ADULT ROMANCE SERIES.
21. 10 Blind Dates by Ashley Elston
Omg it’s been a while since I’ve read a book that does the multiple blind dates trope but I am excited and here for it.
22. Faker by Sarah Smith
Yet another hate-to-love book. *dances*
23. The Bromance Book Club by Lyssa Kay Adams
Second chance romance??? (hopefully) Told from the POV of a husband trying to patch up his marriage? BY JOINING A ROMANCE BOOK CLUB? PLEASE. I AM HERE.
24. Not the Girl You Marry by Andie J. Christopher
How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days?? GENDER SWAPPED???? HELL YEAH
Are you just as excited about any of these? Any other romance novels you’re super excited about? Let me know!
Latest posts by Rashika (see all)
- Best of Dogs and Humans: The Lovely and the Lost by Jennifer Lynn Barnes - June 19, 2019
- Thoughtful and Adorable: The Friend Zone by Abby Jimenez - June 12, 2019
- Don’t Read on An Empty Stomach: Hungry Hearts edited by Elsie Chapman and Caroline Tung Richmond - June 7, 2019
- Mini Reviews: Adult Contemporary Romance Edition - May 19, 2019