Are you getting tired of summer round ups because I AM NEVER GOING TO BE. ITS FUCKING 90 degrees outside, what do you want from me? I can fantasize about going to the beach and doing some ocean-side reading. In the meantime, I present you with a list of older releases if you’re looking for some to read while at the beach or that will transport you to the beach.
1. This is What Happy Looks Like by by Jennifer E. Smith
‘Wrong email address’ situation. Featuring an extremely adorable pet pig named Wilbur.
2. The Summer of Chasing Mermaids by Sarah Ockler
A talented singer for Tobago loses her voice in an accident and accepts an invitation to Atargatis Cove to get away from it all. Featuring an adorable little boy who just wants to be a mermaid.
3. Honey Girl/Riptide Summer by Lisa Freeman
A bi/pan, Hawaiian girl who has to move to California post her father’s death. Surfing involved. Takes place in the 70s.
4. The Summer I Turned Pretty by Jenny Han
Okay. So I am totally late to this party but I JUST finished reading this book so I am including it on this list.
The last summer before things change forever… Featuring a SHIT ton of angst that will be great for beach side flailing or even bedside flailing.
5. This One Summer by Mariko Tamaki & Jillian Tamaki
Not to sound like a cliché but This One Summer is a classic summer coming of age tale. Rose’s family goes to Awago beach every summer but this time things are different… Featuring GORGEOUS illustrations.
Latest posts by Rashika (see all)
- Not a Good Addition to the Series: Alone in the Wild by Kelley Armstrong - January 29, 2020
- A Mixed Bag: Scavenge the Stars by Tara Sim - January 20, 2020
- Light-Hearted and Thoughtful: The Right Swipe by Alisha Rai - December 18, 2019
- Romance Mini Reviews #5: Trio of Contemporary Goodness - December 10, 2019