Fresh Batch, posted weekly, keeps you up to date on the hottest releases of the upcoming week.
Flavor of the week:
Opposite of Always
Justin A. Reynolds
Publication date: March 5th 2019
by Katherine Tegen Books
Jack Ellison King. King of Almost.
He almost made valedictorian.
He almost made varsity.
He almost got the girl . . .
When Jack and Kate meet at a party, bonding until sunrise over their mutual love of Froot Loops and their favorite flicks, Jack knows he’s falling—hard. Soon she’s meeting his best friends, Jillian and Franny, and Kate wins them over as easily as she did Jack. Jack’s curse of almost is finally over.
But this love story is . . . complicated. It is an almost happily ever after. Because Kate dies. And their story should end there. Yet Kate’s death sends Jack back to the beginning, the moment they first meet, and Kate’s there again. Beautiful, radiant Kate. Healthy, happy, and charming as ever. Jack isn’t sure if he’s losing his mind. Still, if he has a chance to prevent Kate’s death, he’ll take it. Even if that means believing in time travel. However, Jack will learn that his actions are not without consequences. And when one choice turns deadly for someone else close to him, he has to figure out what he’s willing to do—and let go—to save the people he loves.
Other releases this week:
* In no particular order *
– The Truth About Keeping Secrets by Savannah Brown [Purchase]
– The Quiet at the End of the World by Lauren James [Purchase]
– Superman: Dawnbreaker (DC Icons #4) by Matt de la Pena [Purchase]
– Mahimata (Asiana #2) by Rati Mehrotra [Purchase]
– You Owe Me a Murder by Eileen Cook [Purchase]
– The Last 8 (The Last 8 #1) by Laura Pohl [Purchase]
– A Crystal of Time (The School for Good and Evil: The Camelot Years #2) by Soman Chainani [Purchase]
– Field Notes on Love by Jennifer E. Smith [Purchase]
– The Queen’s Resistance (The Queen’s Rising #2) by Rebecca Ross [Purchase]
– The Shadow Glass (The Bone Witch #3) by Rin Chupeco [Purchase]
– The Everlasting Rose (The Belles #2) by Dhonielle Clayton [Purchase]
– Shadow Me (Shatter Me #4.5) by Tahereh Mafi [Purchase]
– A Question of Holmes (Charlotte Holmes #4) by Brittany Cavallaro [Purchase]
– Second Star (Neverland Transmissions #1) by J.M. Sullivan [Purchase]
– Fat Angie: Rebel Girl Revolution (Fat Angie #2) by E.E. Charlton-Trujillo [Purchase]
– Wished (Fairy Tale Reform School #5) by Jen Calonita[Purchase]
– Barely Missing Everything by Matt Mendez [Purchase]
– The Year I Didn’t Eat by Samuel Pollen [Purchase]
– The Mystery of Black Hollow Lane (Black Hollow Lane #1) by Julia Nobel [Purchase]
– Within These Lines by Stephanie Morrill [Purchase]
– Whatever Normal Is by Jane St. Anthony [Purchase]
– The Quiet You Carry by Nikki Barthelmess [Purchase]
– The Fairest Kind of Love (Windy City Magic #3) by Crystal Cestari [Purchase]
– Magic Triumphed (The Mages’ Guild Trilogy #3) by Andi Van [Purchase]
– Waiting for Fitz by Spencer Hyde [Purchase]
– Chrysalis (Project Nemesis #3) by Brendan Reichs [Purchase]
– Splintering Reality (Breaking Order #2) by Catherine Kopf [Purchase]
– How to Rob a Bank by Tom Mitchell[Purchase]
What’s catching your eye this week?