DON’T @ ME. I AM 2000s GARBAGE and to be honest, my top 20 is always shifting depending on my mood. Anyway, I am just gonna embrace my identity and call it a day.
1. All Star by Smash Mouth
This song played at every single one of my school assemblies and I still never got tired of it because HEY NOW, YOURE AN ALL STAR.
2. Hey Ya! by OutKast
3. Unwritten by Natasha Bedingfield
I’ve been listening to this song on repeat tbh and it makes me feel better.
4. Dirty Little Secret by The All-American Rejects
THIS SONG IS AMAZING AND I LOVE IT AND THE MUSIC VIDEO AND I AM SO HAPPY.
5. The Middle by Jimmy Eat World
Okay so if I am venturing into my angsty teen phase, like this song is a really nice and positive in someways BECAUSE EVERYTHING IS GONNA BE ALRIGHT.
6. A Thousand Miles by Vanessa Carlton
This one is a cult classic and is gonna go down in the books. DON’T @ ME.
7. Love Song by Sara Bareilles
Everyone and their mom loves this song but like also, it has a really cool story behind it and its a fun beat and I am gonna make someone play it at my funeral.
8. Sk8er Boi by Avril Lavigne
I’d be a fake if I didn’t have any old school Avril on here before she turned into MELISSA.
9. Check Yes Juliet by We The Kings
I am at the point where I am just realizing that I am never gonna get my fav songs from my fav decade in this fucking list so NOW I AM SCRAMBLING TO MAKE SURE AT LEAST SOME of my favs are on it. Wow this is hard.
10. Everytime We Touch by Cascada
11. Hips Don’t Lie by Shakira
My name is an anagram for Shakira and Hips Don’t Lie is all I listened to in 5th grade.
12. Don’t Stop the Music by Rihanna
There was a period of time where I only knew the chorus and no idea who sang is and that was a rough point in my life.
13. I’m Like a Bird by Nelly Furtado
I am not sure I actually listened to this as much last decade but it was my anthem during my last trimester of college last year.
14. Boom Boom Pow by The Black Eyed Peas
15. Mr. Brightside by The Killers
This song was basically my vibe for the summer of 2017 and anyone who spend anytime with me can attest to me randomly bursting out into “GETTING OUT OF MY CAGE AND IVE BEEN DOING JUST FINE”
16. Potential Breakup Song by Aly & AJ
Does anyone know where they went?
17. Dance, Dance by Fall Out Boy
My list would be sorely incomplete without my fav pop rock nerds.
18. I Write Sins Not Tragedies by Panic! At the Disco
19. Halo by Beyoncé
This song is the perfect way to end any night in any decade.
20. Since You’ve Been Gone by Kelly Clarkson
This playlist is sorely lacking, I know. There are some of my fave 2000s songs I couldn’t cram into here but I tried to feature some of my fav artists once.