Fresh Batch, posted weekly, keeps you up to date on the hottest releases of the upcoming week.
Flavor of the week:
Series: The Artists Trilogy #2
Publication date: August 20th 2013
by Grand Central Publishing
Sometimes the right choice can be the deadliest.
When Ellie Watt made the ultimate sacrifice for Camden McQueen, she never thought it would be easy. But walking away with her ex-lover, Javier Bernal, in order to ensure Camden’s safety has brought a whole new set of dangers. With Javier’s plans for Ellie growing more secretive by the moment, Ellie must find a way to stay ahead of the game before her past swallows her whole.
Meanwhile, Camden’s new life is short-lived. Fueled by revenge and pursued by authorities, he teams up with an unlikely partner in order to save Ellie. But as Camden toes the line between love and retribution, he realizes that in order to get back the woman he loves, he may have to lose himself in the process. He might just turn into the very man he’s hunting.
The daughter of a Norwegian Viking and a Finnish Moomin, Karina Halle grew up in Vancouver, Canada with trolls and eternal darkness on the brain. This soon turned into a love of all things that go bump in the night and a rather sadistic appreciation for freaking people out. Like many of the flawed characters she writes, Karina never knew where to find herself and has dabbled in acting, make-up artistry, film production, screenwriting, photography, travel writing and music journalism. She eventually found herself in the pages of the very novels she wrote (if only she had looked there to begin with).
Karina holds a screenwriting degree from Vancouver Film School and a Bachelor of Journalism from TRU. Her travel writing, music reviews/interviews and photography have appeared in publications such as Consequence of Sound, Mxdwn and GoNomad Travel Guides. She currently lives on an island on the coast of British Columbia where she’s preparing for the zombie apocalypse with her fiance and rescue pup.
Other releases this week:
* In no particular order *
- Night Film by Marisha Pessl [Purchase]
- The Bone Season (The Bone Season #1) by Samantha Shannon [Purchase]
- The Rise of the Hotel Dumort (The Bane Chronicles Part #5) by Cassandra Clare and Maureen Johnson [Purchase]
- Omens (Cainsville #1) by Kelley Armstrong [Purchase]
- Good As Gone by Douglas Corleone [Purchase]
- Doon (Doon #1) by Carey Corp and Lorie Langdon [Purchase]
- Human Remains by Elizabeth Haynes [Purchase]
- The Infinite Moment of Us by Lauren Myracle [Purchase]
- Soulbroken (Legacy of Tril #2) by Heather Brewer [Purchase]
- A Fatal Likeness (Charles Maddox #2) by Lynn Shepherd [Purchase]
- This Side of Jealousy (The Innocents #2) by Lili Peloquin [Purchase]
- If You Could Be Mine by Sara Farizan [Purchase]
- Playing With Her Heart (Caught Up In Us #3) by Lauren Blakely [Purchase]
- Asylum by Madeleine Roux [Purchase]
- The Bookstore by Deborah Meyler [Purchase]
- Taming Cross (Love Inc. #2) by Ella James [Purchase]
- After Her by Joyce Maynard [Purchase]
- Wethering The Storm (The Storm #2) by Samantha Towle [Purchase]
- Darker Days (The Darker Agency #1) by Jus Accardo [Purchase]
- Quick Fix (In a Fix #2) by Linda Grimes [Purchase]
- Schooled in Revenge: A Revenge Novel by Jesse Lasky [Purchase]
- Dark Halo (Angel Eyes Trilogy #3) by Shannon Dittemore [Purchase]
- Trash Can Days: A Middle School Saga by Teddy Steinkellner [Purchase]
What’s on your wishlist this week?
You can support my blog by using this link (also found on sidebar) to shop at TBD