Fresh Batch, posted weekly, keeps you up to date on the hottest releases of the upcoming week.
Flavor of the week:
Series: Reckoners #1
Publication date: September 24th 2013
by Delacorte Books for Young Readers
Ten years ago, Calamity came. It was a burst in the sky that gave ordinary men and women extraordinary powers. The awed public started calling them Epics.
But Epics are no friend of man. With incredible gifts came the desire to rule. And to rule man you must crush his wills.
Nobody fights the Epics… nobody but the Reckoners. A shadowy group of ordinary humans, they spend their lives studying Epics, finding their weaknesses, and then assassinating them.
And David wants in. He wants Steelheart—the Epic who is said to be invincible. The Epic who killed David’s father. For years, like the Reckoners, David’s been studying, and planning—and he has something they need. Not an object, but an experience.
He’s seen Steelheart bleed. And he wants revenge.
Brandon Sanderson was born in 1975 in Lincoln, Nebraska. As a child Brandon enjoyed reading, but he lost interest in the types of titles often suggested to him, and by junior high he never cracked a book if he could help it. This changed when an eighth grade teacher gave him Dragonsbane by Barbara Hambly.
Brandon was working on his thirteenth novel when Moshe Feder at Tor Books bought the sixth he had written. Tor has published Elantris , the Mistborn trilogy and its followup The Alloy of Law , Warbreaker , and The Way of Kings , the first in the planned ten-volume series The Stormlight Archive. He was chosen to complete Robert Jordan’s Wheel of Time series; 2009’s The Gathering Storm and 2010’s Towers of Midnight were followed by the final book in the series, A Memory of Light , in January 2013. Four books in his middle-grade Alcatraz Versus the Evil Librarians series were released by Scholastic, and his novella Infinity Blade Awakening was an ebook bestseller for Epic Games accompanying their acclaimed Infinity Blade iOS video game series. Two more novellas, Legion and The Emperor s Soul , were released by Subterranean Press and Tachyon Publications in 2012, and 2013 brings two young adult novels, The Rithmatist from Tor and Steelheart from Delacorte.
Other releases this week:
* In no particular order *
- Simple Perfection (Perfection #2) by Abbi Glines [Purchase]
- Not a Drop to Drink by Mindy McGinnis [Purchase]
- Through the Zombie Glass (White Rabbit Chronicles #2) by Gena Showalter [Purchase]
- Where the Stars Still Shine by Trish Doller [Purchase]
- Doctor Sleep (The Shining #2) by Stephen King [Purchase]
- Bound by Night (MoonBound Clan Vampire #1) by Larissa Ione[Purchase]
- The World of Divergent: The Path to Allegiant (Divergent #2.5) by Veronica Roth [Purchase]
- Dead of Night: Dancers in the DarkThe Devil’s Footprints by Charlaine Harris and Amanda Stevens [Purchase]
- Marie Antoinette, Serial Killer by Katie Alender [Purchase]
- Vicious by Victoria Schwab [Purchase]
- Ten Tiny Breaths (Ten Tiny Breaths #1) by K.A. Tucker [Purchase]
- Chupacabra (Marty and Grace #3) by Roland Smith [Purchase]
- Find Me by Romily Bernard [Purchase]
- The Bride Wore Size 12 (Heather Wells Mysteries #5) by Meg Cabot [Purchase]
- Always On My Mind (Lucky Harbor #8) by Jill Shalvis [Purchase]
- Countdown by Michelle Rowen [Purchase]
- Getting Rowdy (Love Undercover #3) by Lori Foster [Purchase]
- One Lucky Vampire (Argeneau #19) by Lynsay Sands [Purchase]
- Inhuman (Fetch #1) by Kat Falls [Purchase]
- On Midnight Wings (The Maker’s Song #5) by Adrian Phoenix [Purchase]
- The Fallout (The Compound #2) by S.A. Bodeen [Purchase]
- A Radiant Sky (A Beautiful Dark #3) by Jocelyn Davies [Purchase]
- A Study in Silks (The Baskerville Affair #1) by Emma Jane Holloway [Purchase]
- Inheritance (Adaptation #2) by Malinda Lo [Purchase]
- Model Misfit (Geek Girl #2) by Holly Smale [Purchase]
- Fixated On You (Torn #5) by Pamela Ann
- The Outcasts by Kathleen Kent [Purchase]
- Untold (The Lynburn Legacy #2) by Sarah Rees Brennan [Purchase]
- The Paradox of Vertical Flight by Emil Ostrovski [Purchase]
- A Spark Unseen (The Dark Unwinding #2) by Sharon Cameron [Purchase]
- Sleep With the Lights On (The Brown and De Luca Novels #1) by Maggie Shayne [Purchase]
What are you pining for this week?
You can support my blog by using this link (also found on sidebar) to shop at TBD