Fresh Batch, posted weekly, keeps you up to date on the hottest releases of the upcoming week.
Flavor of the week:
Series: The Artists Trilogy #3
Publication date: October 15th 2013
The Faster They Live, the Harder They Fall . . .
Raised by con artists, Ellie Watt has a lot of crazy childhood memories-but none crazier than being scarred with acid by the demented crime boss Travis Raines. Now Ellie is a full-grown woman who lives for revenge, and Travis is a full-blown drug lord who kills for pleasure. The sadistic bastard has kidnapped her good friend Gus as well as her mother, whom he’s been holding as prized possessions in his heavily guarded lair. And Ellie has only one chance in hell of getting them out alive-using two dangerous men who love her to death . . .
One is Camden McQueen, a talented tattoo artist who’s made a permanent mark on Ellie’s heart. The other is Javier Bernal, her fiery ex-lover who’s busted more than a few heads in his time. From the crime-ridden streets of Mexico City to the predatory jungles of Honduras, this unlikely trio forms an uneasy alliance in the deadliest game of all-a gun-blazing battle to the finish that will pit enemy against enemy and lover against lover. And Ellie must choose the right man to trust . . . or die.
The daughter of a Norwegian Viking and a Finnish Moomin, Karina Halle grew up in Vancouver, Canada with trolls and eternal darkness on the brain. This soon turned into a love of all things that go bump in the night and a rather sadistic appreciation for freaking people out. Like many of the flawed characters she writes, Karina never knew where to find herself and has dabbled in acting, make-up artistry, film production, screenwriting, photography, travel writing and music journalism. She eventually found herself in the pages of the very novels she wrote (if only she had looked there to begin with).
Karina holds a screenwriting degree from Vancouver Film School and a Bachelor of Journalism from TRU. Her travel writing, music reviews/interviews and photography have appeared in publications such as Consequence of Sound, Mxdwn and GoNomad Travel Guides. She currently lives on an island on the coast of British Columbia where she’s preparing for the zombie apocalypse with her fiance and rescue pup.
Other releases this week:
* In no particular order *
- Revealed (House of Night #11) by P.C. Cast and Kristin Cast [Purchase]
- Finding It (Losing It #3) by Cora Carmack [Purchase]
- Never Fade (The Darkest Minds #2) by Alexandra Bracken [Purchase]
- The Fall of the Hotel Dumort (The Bane Chronicles Part #7) by Cassandra Clare [Purchase]
- Across a Star-Swept Sea (For Darkness Shows the Stars #2) by Diana Peterfreund [Purchase]
- Mad About the Boy (Bridget Jones #3) by Helen Fielding [Purchase]
- The Luminaries by Eleanor Catton [Purchase]
- The Heavens Rise by Christopher Rice [Purchase]
- Fighting For You (Danvers #4) by Sydney Landon [Purchase]
- Copperhead (Ironskin #2) by Tina Connolly [Purchase]
- Secret Shared (Secret #2) by L. Marie Adeline[Purchase]
- The Vow by Jessica Martinez [Purchase]
- The Wolves of Midwinter (The Wolf Gift Chronicles #2) by Anne Rice [Purchase]
- Declaration (Preservation #3) by Rachael Wade
- When Did You See Her Last? (All The Wrong Questions #2) by Lemony Snicket [Purchase]
- More Than Jamie Baker (Jamie Baker #2) by Kelly Oram [Purchase]
- How To Be a Good Wife by Emma Chapman [Purchase]
- Reclaimed by Sarah Guillory [Purchase]
- Fury of Desire (Dragonfury #4) by Coreene Callahan [Purchase]
- The Forever of Ella and Micha (The Secret #2) by Jessica Sorensen [Purchase]
- Anywhere but Here by Tanya Lloyd Kyi [Purchase]
- Friends and Traitors (Slayers #2) by C.J. Hill [Purchase]
- Meet Me at the River by Nina de Gramont [Purchase]
- Fault Line by Christa Desir [Purchase]
- UnSouled (Unwind Dystology #3) by Neal Shusterman [Purchase]
- Now I’ll Tell You Everything (Alice #25) by Phyllis Reynolds Naylor [Purchase]
- The Osiris Curse (Tweed & Nightingale Adventures #2) by Paul Crilley [Purchase]
- Sweet (True Believers #2) by Erin McCarthy [Purchase]
What are you pining for this week?
You can support my blog by using this link (also found on sidebar) to shop at TBD