Fresh Batch, posted weekly, keeps you up to date on the hottest releases of the upcoming week.
Flavor of the week:
This Wicked Game
Publication date: November 14th 2013
Claire Kincaid’s family has been in business for over fifty years.
The voodoo business.
Part of the International Guild of High Priests and Priestesses, a secret society that have practiced voodoo for generations, the Kincaid’s run an underground supply house for authentic voodoo supplies. Claire plays along, filling orders for powders, oils and other bizarre ingredients in the family store, but she has a secret.
She doesn’t believe.
Struggling to reconcile her modern sensibilities with a completely unscientific craft based on suspicion, Claire can’t wait to escape New Orleans – and voodoo – when she goes to college, a desire that creates almost constant conflict in her secret affair with Xander Toussaint, son of the Guild’s powerful founding family.
But when a mysterious customer places an order for a deadly ingredient, Claire begins to realize that there’s more to voodoo – and the families that make up the Guild – than meets the eye.
Including her own.
As she bands together with the other firstborns of the Guild, she comes face to face with a deadly enemy – and the disbelief that may very well kill her.
Michelle Zink is author of the Gothic fantasy series, Prophecy of the Sisters (Little Brown Books for Young Readers) and A Temptation of Angels (Penguin/Dial).
Her next book, This Wicked Game, releases November 14, 2013 (Penguin/Dial).
Other releases this week:
* In no particular order *
– Extracted (The Lost Imperials #1) by Sherry D. Ficklin and Tyler Jolley[Purchase]
– Working It by Kendall Ryan [Purchase]
– Hold Us Close (Keep Me Still #1.5) by Caisey Quinn
– Shock & Awe (Sidewinder #1) by Abigail Roux [Purchase]
– Storm Shells (Wishes #3) by G.J. Walker-Smith
– The First Phone Call from Heaven by Mitch Albom [Purchase]
– Aftershock (Afterburn & Aftershock #2) by Sylvia Day [Purchase]
– Afterburn and Aftershock (Afterburn & Aftershock) by Sylvia Day [Purchase]
– Empower (The Violet Eden Chapters #5) by Jessica Shirvington [Purchase]
– Afterglow (Wildefire #3) by Karsten Knight [Purchase]
– Beautiful Broken Mess (Broken #2) by Kimberly Lauren [Purchase]
– A Little Too Much (A Little Too Far #2) by Lisa Desrochers [Purchase]
– Try (Temptation #1) by Ella Frank [Purchase]
– Ink My Heart (Luminescent Juliet #2) by Jean Haus [Purchase]
– The First Dragon (The Chronicles of the Imaginarium Geographica #7) by James A. Owen [Purchase]
– The F- It List by Julie Halpern [Purchase]
– A Stranger Thing (Ever-Expanding Universe #2) by Martin Leicht and Isla Neal [Purchase]
– Uncrashable Dakota by Andy Marino [Purchase]
– Hostage Three by Nick Lake [Purchase]
– Loud Awake and Lost by Adele Griffin [Purchase]
– Long Live the Queen (The Immortal Empire #3) by Kate Locke [Purchase]
– Firebrand (Elemental Trilogy #2) by Antony John [Purchase]
– Save the Enemy by Arin Greenwood [Purchase]
– The Living by Matt de la Pena [Purchase]
– Splendor (Sacred #2) by Elana K. Arnold [Purchase]
– Unspoken (The Vampire Diaries: The Salvation, # 2) by L.J. Smith [Purchase]
– Foul Trouble by John Feinstein [Purchase]
– Son of Fortune by Victoria McKernan [Purchase]
What are you excited for this week?
You can support my blog by using this link (also found on sidebar) to shop at TBD
Latest posts by Giselle (see all)
- Fresh Batch (July 21st – 27th) - July 20, 2019
- Review: House of Salt and Sorrows by Erin A. Craig - July 16, 2019
- Fresh Batch (July 14th – 20th) - July 13, 2019
- Review: The Arrival of Someday by Jen Malone - July 9, 2019