Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme that is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish where every week there is a new top 10 topic where we list bookish things.
Top Ten Books I Read In 2013
These are books that also released in 2013. I read a lot of great me-books that could also make this list so I had to limit it somehow – I’m too indecisive >.<
Also – it’s in no particular order.
- Sins & Needles by Karina Halle: I could really put the whole series on this list which is just fantastic. I love the grittiness and how character oriented it is. Plus, it has a perfect example of a love triangle done right!
- The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey: This was such an intensely engrossing read. I especially loved how original it was in a genre that is way over-saturated. Plus, it went into the plausibility of alien life and what would happen if they came to earth which made it even scarier, in my opinion.
- In the Shadow of Blackbirds by Cat Winters: This book is incredibly well written and very atmospheric, giving us the chills throughout. Set during an era that was full of illness and cruelty. Out of all the books I read this year this is one that’s the most memorable.
- Crash Into You by Katie McGarry: This is my favorite in the series so far and I was so happy seeing as book 2 was a disappointment for me. I loved Isaiah from early on in this series and I was very happy with his story! I was also excited to see there are more books to come!
- Reality Boy by A.S. King: Contemporaries were strong for me this year and this is one that stands out from all the rest. It was the kind of messed up that was just fascinating. I love these kinds of books.
- This Song Will Save Your Life by Leila Sales: I had all the feels with this one. What I loved most about it was how uplifting it was even though it dealt with bullying and not fitting in. It’s one of those that every teenager should read.
- Vicious by V.E. Schwab: This was my first book by this author and her first adult novel, too. The writing was just so addictive. I also loved how dark and twisted it was. If you’re also a horror fan you can’t miss this one!
- Steelheart by Brandon Sanderson: Also my first from a well known author – and very impressed. This is one of those books that you have to put down to take a break because it’s so freaking intense you stop breathing when you read.
- If You Find Me by Emily Murdoch: This is one that deserves all the praise its gotten. Such a beautiful story, which is impressive considering the dark topics this novel touches. It’s deep and emotional and incredibly inspiring.
- Golden by Jessi Kirby: This is another example of hype well-deserved. I had very high expectations when I went into this one and it met every single one of them. This book gave me goosebumps, and I’m unlikely to forget it any time soon!
Which book(s) would make your list of best 2013 reads?
Latest posts by Giselle (see all)
- Review: Kiss of Broken Glass by Madeleine Kuderick - August 28, 2014
- Books I Really Want To Read But Don’t Own Yet! - August 26, 2014
- Fresh Batch (New Releases August 24th – 30th) - August 23, 2014
- Review: Feral by Holly Schindler - August 22, 2014