Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme that is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish where every week there is a new top 10 topic where we list bookish things.
Top Ten Books I Read In 2013
These are books that also released in 2013. I read a lot of great me-books that could also make this list so I had to limit it somehow – I’m too indecisive >.<
Also – it’s in no particular order.
- Sins & Needles by Karina Halle: I could really put the whole series on this list which is just fantastic. I love the grittiness and how character oriented it is. Plus, it has a perfect example of a love triangle done right!
- The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey: This was such an intensely engrossing read. I especially loved how original it was in a genre that is way over-saturated. Plus, it went into the plausibility of alien life and what would happen if they came to earth which made it even scarier, in my opinion.
- In the Shadow of Blackbirds by Cat Winters: This book is incredibly well written and very atmospheric, giving us the chills throughout. Set during an era that was full of illness and cruelty. Out of all the books I read this year this is one that’s the most memorable.
- Crash Into You by Katie McGarry: This is my favorite in the series so far and I was so happy seeing as book 2 was a disappointment for me. I loved Isaiah from early on in this series and I was very happy with his story! I was also excited to see there are more books to come!
- Reality Boy by A.S. King: Contemporaries were strong for me this year and this is one that stands out from all the rest. It was the kind of messed up that was just fascinating. I love these kinds of books.
- This Song Will Save Your Life by Leila Sales: I had all the feels with this one. What I loved most about it was how uplifting it was even though it dealt with bullying and not fitting in. It’s one of those that every teenager should read.
- Vicious by V.E. Schwab: This was my first book by this author and her first adult novel, too. The writing was just so addictive. I also loved how dark and twisted it was. If you’re also a horror fan you can’t miss this one!
- Steelheart by Brandon Sanderson: Also my first from a well known author – and very impressed. This is one of those books that you have to put down to take a break because it’s so freaking intense you stop breathing when you read.
- If You Find Me by Emily Murdoch: This is one that deserves all the praise its gotten. Such a beautiful story, which is impressive considering the dark topics this novel touches. It’s deep and emotional and incredibly inspiring.
- Golden by Jessi Kirby: This is another example of hype well-deserved. I had very high expectations when I went into this one and it met every single one of them. This book gave me goosebumps, and I’m unlikely to forget it any time soon!