Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme that is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish where every week there is a new top 10 topic where we list bookish things.
Worlds We’d Never Want To Live In
- Not a Drop to Drink by Mindy McGinnis: Reading this book made me so thirsty and exhausted while lounging on my couch reading, I couldn’t imagine actually having to live like that at all! Very bleak, very sad world.
- Wither by Lauren DeStefano: Women only live to be 20 in this series. And well, I’m 29 so really I’d already be dead and typing this from beyond the grave!
- Blood Red Road by Moira Young: This world is terrifying in so many ways! Not only is it incredibly desolate, people get used for cage fighting against their will and there are giant killer worms!! Giant. Killer. Worms!
- Frozen by Melissa de la Cruz and Michael Johnston: This world makes no sense at all. It has illiterate people who can read, police called the Willie Winkie patrols and then zombies, nymphs, drakons, polar bears…. I would be utterly confused and likely schizophrenic if I lived in this. (Also FYI I hated this book!)
- Rot & Ruin by by Jonathan Maberry: Yep. I definitely had to have a zombie book in this list (duh!)! This is probably one of the scariest as far as world situation. Zombies are not even the scariest evil in this place. Though realistically, I would have likely been one of the first to die so I’d be one of the shambling ones in this story which may not be so bad >.<
- Twilight by Stephanie Meyer: Because if I had to live in a world where there are vampires I would want them to be creepy night-crawlers not douchebags who sparkle.
- It by Stephen King: Because I would never want to live in a world where Pennywise was an actual thing that could grab me from the storm drain.
- The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins: Because I really like to eat and I’m 99.9% sure I wouldn’t even make it to the cornucopia.
- Pure by Julianna Baggott: In this world a bomb went off leaving few survivors. Those who did survive were fused together with random objects that were near them when the blast went off. This left people with doll heads for hands, fans fused into people’s necks and all sorts of other messed up pairings. Me. Not. Want.
- Delirium by Lauren Oliver: Because who would want to live in a world without love?