Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish where we list top bookish things.
Note that Giselle and Jenni often decide to split it and each do a Top 5.
All of the Debut Excitement!
- Something Real by Heather Demitrios: I know this one might be out already but I haven’t gotten the chance to get it in my grubby hands yet. The love I have been seeing for this book on my Goodreads is immense! I have been a long time (closet) reality show fan so I think this one would really interest me!
- The Truth About Alice by Jennifer Mathieu: A few months ago Bekka of Great Imaginations recommended Waiting by Carol Lynch Williams to me and I loved it. When she read my review she went ahead and recommended this one and since I will read any contemporary she recommends to me this one had to be on the list too.
- Ask Again Later by Liz Czukas: I am actually starting this one later today and I am so excited because I have heard that it is a lot of fun. The synopsis makes it sound kind of cheesy but that is exactly what I am in the mood for sometimes so I hope to love this one!
- The Wicked We Have Done by Sarah Harian: I did a cover reveal for this book what feels like forever ago on my old blog Alluring Reads and I loved the cover the moment that I saw it. It sounds kind of like The Hunger Games but with convicts fighting to see who lives, I’m pretty excited for it! Also, Sarah is absolutely hilarious on Twitter so I can’t wait to see how that translates into her writing.
- Love Letters To The Dead by Ava Dellaira: I am one of those people who is obsessed with pop culture and I take the death of celebrities to heart. Just reading the synopsis for this one had me feeling tinglies because I remember the deaths of almost all of those celebrities. I’m hoping this one is a tearjerker!
Ok it was SO hard to pick just 5! I could have easily put 25 on this list! These are in no particular order, either, as I’m way too indecisive for that! Also, we can all see a theme here right? I guess I like my books dark! I’ll leave the crying ones to J-Dog.
- Prisoner of Night and Fog by Anne Blankman: It’s funny because I’m rarely a fan of historical books, but I love particular kinds of books in the genre, and books about WWII and Hitler (and gothic/thrillers in general) have always fascinated me in a morbid way. There’s also something about a historical setting than makes a creepy book better!
- The Murder Complex by Lindsay Cummings: I have been excited for this one ever since I first read the blurb. And then even moreso once I saw it was for fans of Moira Young’s Dust Lands series which I loved!
- The Merciless by Danielle Vega: Eeh Exorcism!? “terror on every page”? “blood-curdling suspense”? Hells yeah!
- Beware the Wild by Natalie C. Parker: This sounds like a fun and creepy mind-f*ck of a book! It reminds me of that movie where this woman’s daughter disappears on a plane and no one but her remembers her kid even being on the plane at all! I don’t remember the name of that movie but I remember loving it!
- Pointe by Brandy Colbert: I love me a good contemporary that deals with darker subjects. This one is about a kidnapping and what sounds like dark psychological secrets. Def. my kind of read.
What debuts are you most excited for this year?
31 Responses to “2014 Debuts We’re Excited For!”
Leave a Comment