Fresh Batch, posted weekly, keeps you up to date on the hottest releases of the upcoming week.
Flavor of the week:
Dorothy Must Die
Series: Dorothy Must Die #1
Publication date: April 1st 2014
I didn’t ask for any of this. I didn’t ask to be some kind of hero.
But when your whole life gets swept up by a tornado—taking you with it—you have no choice but to go along, you know?
Sure, I’ve read the books. I’ve seen the movies. I know the song about the rainbow and the happy little blue birds. But I never expected Oz to look like this. To be a place where Good Witches can’t be trusted, Wicked Witches may just be the good guys, and winged monkeys can be executed for acts of rebellion. There’s still the yellow brick road, though—but even that’s crumbling.
Dorothy. They say she found a way to come back to Oz. They say she seized power and the power went to her head. And now no one is safe.
My name is Amy Gumm—and I’m the other girl from Kansas.
I’ve been recruited by the Revolutionary Order of the Wicked.
I’ve been trained to fight.
And I have a mission:
Remove the Tin Woodman’s heart.
Steal the Scarecrow’s brain.
Take the Lion’s courage.
Then and only then—Dorothy must die!
Other releases this week:
* In no particular order *
- Dear Killer by Katherine Ewell [Purchase]
- Bad for You (Sea Breeze #7) by Abbi Glines [Purchase]
- Illusion (Chronicles of Nick #5) by Sherrilyn Kenyon [Purchase]
- Salvage by Alexandra Duncan [Purchase]
- Stolen Songbird (The Malediction Trilogy #1) by Danielle L. Jensen [Purchase]
- Solsbury Hill: A Novel by Susan M. Wyler [Purchase]
- Love Letters to the Dead by Ava Dellaira [Purchase]
- Summer on the Short Bus by Bethany Crandell [Purchase]
- Learning Not to Drown by Anna Shinoda [Purchase]
- Creators (The Lost Souls #3) by Tiffany Truitt [Purchase]
- Gilded Ashes: A Cruel Beauty Novella (Cruel Beauty Universe) by Rosamund Hodge [Purchase]
- Breaking Alexandria by K.A. Robinson
- Red at Night (Harlequin More Than Words) by Katie McGarry [Purchase]
- Love Bites (My Sister the Vampire #6) by Sienna Mercer [Purchase]
- Going Over by Beth Kephart [Purchase]
- The Last Forever by Deb Caletti [Purchase]
- This Side of Salvation by Jeri Smith-Ready [Purchase]
- Sekret (Sekret #1) by Lindsay Smith [Purchase]
- Dark Eden: A Novel (Dark Eden #1) by Chris Beckett [Purchase]
- Turned (The Belladonna Agency #1) by Virna DePaul [Purchase]
- The King (Black Dagger Brotherhood #12) by J.R. Ward [Purchase]
- The Summer I Wasn’t Me by Jessica Verdi [Purchase]
- Cold Calls by Charles Benoit [Purchase]
- Lucky Day (Jasper Dent 0.1) by Barry Lyga [Purchase]
- Weak Without Him (Weakness #2) by Lyra Parish
- Picture Perfect (Limelight #2) by Elisabeth Grace
- The Ring and The Crown (The Ring and the Crown #1) by Melissa de la Cruz [Purchase]
- Girls Day Out: A Syrena Legacy Story by Anna Banks [Purchase]
Any of these will be your first spring purchase?
You can support Xpresso Reads by using this link (also found on sidebar) to shop at TBD
Latest posts by Giselle (see all)
- Review: MARY: The Summoning by Hillary Monahan - August 29, 2014
- Review: Kiss of Broken Glass by Madeleine Kuderick - August 28, 2014
- Books I Really Want To Read But Don’t Own Yet! - August 26, 2014
- Fresh Batch (New Releases August 24th – 30th) - August 23, 2014