Fresh Batch, posted weekly, keeps you up to date on the hottest releases of the upcoming week.
Flavor of the week:
Prisoner of Night and Fog
Series: Prisoner of Night and Fog #1
Publication date: April 22nd 2014
by Balzer & Bray
In 1930s Munich, danger lurks behind dark corners, and secrets are buried deep within the city. But Gretchen Müller, who grew up in the National Socialist Party under the wing of her “uncle” Dolf, has been shielded from that side of society ever since her father traded his life for Dolf’s, and Gretchen is his favorite, his pet.
Uncle Dolf is none other than Adolf Hitler.
And Gretchen follows his every command.
Until she meets a fearless and handsome young Jewish reporter named Daniel Cohen. Gretchen should despise Daniel, yet she can’t stop herself from listening to his story: that her father, the adored Nazi martyr, was actually murdered by an unknown comrade. She also can’t help the fierce attraction brewing between them, despite everything she’s been taught to believe about Jews.
As Gretchen investigates the very people she’s always considered friends, she must decide where her loyalties lie. Will she choose the safety of her former life as a Nazi darling, or will she dare to dig up the truth—even if it could get her and Daniel killed?
Other releases this week:
* In no particular order *
- New Sight by Jo Schneider [Purchase]
- East of Ecstasy (Hearts of the Anemoi #4) by Laura Kaye [Purchase]
- The Inventor’s Secret (The Inventor’s Secret #1) by Andrea Cremer [Purchase]
- Love, In English by Karina Halle [Purchase]
- The Light in the Ruins by Chris Bohjalian [Purchase]
- Deception’s Princess (Deception’s Princess #1) by Esther M. Friesner [Purchase]
- The Eighth Day (Eighth Day #1) by Dianne K. Salerni [Purchase]
- Terms & Conditions by Robert Glancy [Purchase]
- Forever Too Far (Rosemary Beach #4) by Abbi Glines [Purchase]
- Past the Shallows by Favel Parrett [Purchase]
- The Last Best Kiss by Claire LaZebnik [Purchase]
- The Hunt (Project Paper Doll #2) by Stacey Kade [Purchase]
- Don’t Call Me Baby by Gwendolyn Heasley [Purchase]
- TALKER 25 (TALKER 25 #1) by Joshua McCune [Purchase]
- Meridian (Arclight #2) by Josin L. McQuein [Purchase]
- Lost in Thought (The Sententia #1) by Cara Bertrand [Purchase]
- Victories (Shadow Grail #4) by Mercedes Lackey and Rosemary Edghill [Purchase]
- The Art of Secrets by James Klise [Purchase]
- How I Got Skinny, Famous, and Fell Madly in Love by Ken Baker [Purchase]
- My Not So Super Sweet Life (My Super Sweet Sixteenth Century #3) by Rachel Harris [Purchase]
- Expiration Day by William Campbell Powell [Purchase]
- Fragile Line by Brooklyn Skye [Purchase]
- Joe Ledger: Special Ops (Joe Ledger) by Jonathan Maberry [Purchase]
- The Boundless by Kenneth Oppel [Purchase]
- She Is Not Invisible by Marcus Sedgwick [Purchase]
- Summer State of Mind (Whispering Pines #2) by Jen Calonita [Purchase]
- The Chance You Won’t Return by Annie Cardi [Purchase]
- Keep the Faith (Faith #2) by Candy Harper [Purchase]
Anything you’ve been pining for this week?
You can support Xpresso Reads by using this link (also found on sidebar) to shop at TBD
Latest posts by Giselle (see all)
- Fresh Batch (New Releases November 23rd – 29th) - November 22, 2014
- Review: Breathe, Annie, Breathe by Miranda Kenneally - November 19, 2014
- Top 10 List with Chelsea M. Cameron + Giveaway! - November 17, 2014
- Giselle’s Stacking the Shelves [November 16th] - November 16, 2014