Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish where we list top bookish things.
Note that Giselle and Jenni often decide to split it and each do a Top 5.
We watch ALL of the TV!
- The Sopranos – In my eyes this is probably the best show that has EVER or will EVER be on television. The acting, the storylines & really just everything about it was flawless.
- Fargo – This is a new favourite of mine. I was wary of it because I hadn’t liked the movie Fargo but the TV show blew me away. The acting was great, Billly Bob Thornton is so great as Lorne, and it’s darkly funny which is something that I always love.
- Sons of Anarchy - This one is right behind The Soprano’s for me. In case you can’t tell from my first 4 picks, I am a fan of what is usually considered man shows. I like sex and violence and SOA brings that in droves. I could stare at Jax all day long and I am so nervous for the final season coming up.
- Ray Donovan – This is another new favourite of mine, I binge watched the first season in like 3 days and the new season just started this past sunday. I love the layers the characters have and I enjoy watching the gratuitous sex and violence here yet again!
- Friday Night Lights – This is where my soft side shows I guess because I adored this show. I don’t usually watch basic cable shows and tend to watch the FX, HBO, AMC ones because they can get away with a lot more gritty stuff but this show will always be in my heart.
Ok so since I’m a TV addict I had to somehow shave this list down to only 5, so my list is my all-time favorite TV series, not necessarily I’m currently watching.
- Gilmore Girls: This is easily my all-time favorite series. I have watched the whole thing at least 7-8 times. I love the wit and humor the most, and the whole small-town atmosphere/quirkiness is the best!
- Breaking Bad: At first I was wary of a show about drug dealers being my thing – and Malcolm in the Middle’s dad fitting this role in my mind – but man it was brilliant!! It’s by far the most well-written show I’ve ever seen! Just the character transformation from start to end is incredible!
- Sex and the City: An old favorite of mine. A really fun show that has more depth and character dev than you would think for a show that’s primarily about gossip and sex. Who’s your fav? I think mine’s Samantha, she just cracks me up!! Also, I wish Carrie would have stayed with Aidan >.<
- Prison Break: I love intelligent shows, what can I say? >.< I just love how Michael would get himself out of messes in the smartest, most well thought-out ways. I’m still pissed even years later of having seen a spoiler about what happened to him when I was in season 1 (I watched this late in the game). GOOGLE IS EVIL!!
- Hart of Dixie: This is the newest to hit this list as I only started to watch it a couple of months ago, and while season 3 was not as good, I still loved season 1-2 so much it makes up for it. I’m so excited it got renewed for a 4th season and I’m hoping it goes back to the awesomeness that it was. It kind of reminds me of Gilmore Girls but with adults.
What are some of your favorite TV shows?
Latest posts by Giselle (see all)
- On My Winter To-Be-Read List! - November 25, 2014
- Fresh Batch (New Releases November 23rd – 29th) - November 22, 2014
- Review: Breathe, Annie, Breathe by Miranda Kenneally - November 19, 2014
- Top 10 List with Chelsea M. Cameron + Giveaway! - November 17, 2014