Fresh Batch, posted weekly, keeps you up to date on the hottest releases of the upcoming week.
Flavor of the week:
By Your Side
Publication date: January 31st 2017
by Harper Teen
In this irresistible story, Kasie West explores the timeless question of what to do when you fall for the person you least expect. Witty and romantic, this paperback original from a fan favorite is perfect for fans of Stephanie Perkins and Morgan Matson.
When Autumn Collins finds herself accidentally locked in the library for an entire weekend, she doesn’t think things could get any worse. But that’s before she realizes that Dax Miller is locked in with her. Autumn doesn’t know much about Dax except that he’s trouble. Between the rumors about the fight he was in (and that brief stint in juvie that followed it) and his reputation as a loner, he’s not exactly the ideal person to be stuck with. Still, she just keeps reminding herself that it is only a matter of time before Jeff, her almost-boyfriend, realizes he left her in the library and comes to rescue her.
Only he doesn’t come. No one does.
Instead it becomes clear that Autumn is going to have to spend the next couple of days living off vending-machine food and making conversation with a boy who clearly wants nothing to do with her. Except there is more to Dax than meets the eye. As he and Autumn first grudgingly, and then not so grudgingly, open up to each other, Autumn is struck by their surprising connection. But can their feelings for each other survive once the weekend is over and Autumn’s old life, and old love interest, threaten to pull her from Dax’s side?
Other releases this week:
* In no particular order *
– Dawn Study (Soulfinders #3) by Maria V. Snyder [Purchase]
– Wires and Nerve, Volume 1 (Wires and Nerve #1) by Marissa Meyer [Purchase]
– Long Way Home (Thunder Road #3) by Katie McGarry [Purchase]
– Our Own Private Universe by Robin Talley [Purchase]
– The Dark Days Pact (Lady Helen #2) by Alison Goodman [Purchase]
– Good Boy (WAGs #1) by Sarina Bowen & Elle Kennedy [Purchase]
– Wait for Me by Caroline Leech [Purchase]
– The Careful Undressing of Love by Corey Ann Haydu [Purchase]
– Loving vs. Virginia: A Documentary Novel of the Landmark Civil Rights Case by Patricia Hruby Powell [Purchase]
– Exo by Fonda Lee [Purchase]
– Six Wakes by Mur Lafferty [Purchase]
– Blood of Wonderland (Queen of Hearts Saga #2) by Colleen Oakes [Purchase]
– Caraval (Caraval #1) by Stephanie Garber [Purchase]
– The Edge of Everything by Jeff Giles [Purchase]
– Silver Stars (Soldier Girl #2) by Michael Grant [Purchase]
– Torn Between by Karen A. Miles [Purchase]
What’s catching your eye this week?
You can support Xpresso Reads by using this link (also found on sidebar) to shop at TBD