I was planning on doing this post at the end of last year (I cannot fucking believe 2016 was ‘last’ year) but a lot of things came up so HERE I AM with my most anticipated! I also have a giveaway on Twitter for some of my most anticipated books if you are interested (it includes some books not mentioned here but also I am limiting myself to 15 here SO I CANNOT INCLUDE EVERYTHING.) This list is not even the top of the iceberg because there are SO MANY GOOD books coming out this year and IDEK how to handle it. I am going to stick to the first half of 2017 in this list.
1. Here We Are… edited by Kelly Jensen
I am SO FUCKING EXCITED FOR THIS BOOK. It features so many amazing authors and cannot wait to read it.
2. The Education of Margot Sanchez by Lilliam Rivera
A re-telling of pretty in pink featuring a latina MC? GIVE IT TO MEEEE
3. We Are Okay by Nina LaCour
I am the worst and still haven’t read Everything Leads to You even though I own a copy and gave one as a gift to my friend last year because I thought she would love it. BUT I WANT TO READ THIS WITH ITS BEAUTIFUL COVER AND AMAZING PREMISE.
4. Daughter of the Pirate King by Tricia Levenseller
I’ll be the first to say I liked the old cover more but that hasn’t diminished my anticipation for the book!
5. The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas
This needs to be on everyones TBR. I dont care who you are, ADD IT TO YOUR FUCKING TBR.
6. The Bone Witch by Rin Chupeco
I have absolutely adored The Girl from the Well series so ya, my body is ready for Chupeco’s latest.
7. The Inexplicable Logic of My Life by Benjamin Alire Sáenz
Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe changed my life so its no surprise that I am all about this book and desperate for it.
8. A Crown of Wishes by Roshani Chokshi
I adored The Star-Touched Queen and obviously need the sequel.
9. Letters to the Lost by Brigid Kemmerer
I’ve been waiting for this one since it was first acquired and its been a LONG wait but I am more than sure it will be worth it.
10. Thick as Thieves by Megan Whalen Turner
IDK how I feel about the new covers but if its by Megan Whalen Turner, I need it. Even if its a grocery list.
11. I Believe in a Thing Called Love by Maurene Goo
1. The cover is absolutely adorable, 2. the premise is SO CUTE. Please just donnes-moi.
12. When Dimple Met Rishi by Sandhya Menon
TBH, the cover just gets me because there are not a lot of brown girls on covers and she looks so happy and adorable. The book also sounds SO GOOD and cannot wait to see myself in this one 😉 (and fight with Nick over Rishi)
13. Words in a Deep Blue by Cath Crowley
I’ve also been waiting for this for a LONG ASS TIME and am filled with sadness that it is already out in Australia but wasn’t on TBD so I couldn’t snag a copy. ITS COMING OUT here in the US soon though and I will try not to die waiting.
14. Want by Cindy Pon
Cindy Pon comes highly recommended to me by friends and I’ve had her books on my TBR forever. I cannot wait for this one to come out though because I NEEDS it.
15. The Gentleman’s Guide to Vice and Virtue by Mackenzie Lee
Okay but gay historical fic? Yes please. *grabby hands*
Are you looking forward to any of these?? What are some of your most anticipated 2017 books??
Latest posts by Rashika (see all)
- Not a Good Addition to the Series: Alone in the Wild by Kelley Armstrong - January 29, 2020
- A Mixed Bag: Scavenge the Stars by Tara Sim - January 20, 2020
- Light-Hearted and Thoughtful: The Right Swipe by Alisha Rai - December 18, 2019
- Romance Mini Reviews #5: Trio of Contemporary Goodness - December 10, 2019