About 5 years ago, The Fault in Our Stars made a HUGE splash in the YA reading community. Lots of people fell head over heels for it and some of us weren’t impressed at all. Regardless,The Fault in Our Stars went on to be adapted into a movie and was set as the standard to which all other YA books would be compared to. SO. Books. If you loved The Fault in Our Stars, you should read and support these wonderful, diverse books and find a new fav! Or if you just want good diverse books to read, DO THAT TOO.
1. Trouble is a Friend of Mine by Stephanie Tromly
Written by a POC author. Features wittiest banter, discussions of mental illness, etc.
2. Like No Other by Una LaMarche
Star-crossed lovers. Black MC and Jewish MC.
3. The Five Stages of Andrew Brawley by Shaun David Hutchinson
Gay MC. Book deals with grief and mental illness.
Latest posts by Rashika (see all)
- Epic Cover Battles #14: Fall 2017 Titles Edition - August 17, 2017
- 5 Middle Grade Novels That Will Change Your Life - August 11, 2017
- A Letter Was Found in the Pages Of Words in Deep Blue by Cath Crowley - July 28, 2017
- The Princess Bride Meets The Emperor’s New Groove: The Emperor’s Ostrich by Julie Berry - July 27, 2017