About 5 years ago, The Fault in Our Stars made a HUGE splash in the YA reading community. Lots of people fell head over heels for it and some of us weren’t impressed at all. Regardless,The Fault in Our Stars went on to be adapted into a movie and was set as the standard to which all other YA books would be compared to. SO. Books. If you loved The Fault in Our Stars, you should read and support these wonderful, diverse books and find a new fav! Or if you just want good diverse books to read, DO THAT TOO.
1. Trouble is a Friend of Mine by Stephanie Tromly
Written by a POC author. Features wittiest banter, discussions of mental illness, etc.
2. Like No Other by Una LaMarche
Star-crossed lovers. Black MC and Jewish MC.
3. The Five Stages of Andrew Brawley by Shaun David Hutchinson
Gay MC. Book deals with grief and mental illness.
Latest posts by Rashika (see all)
- When Will Book 7 Be Out: After the Wedding by Courtney Milan - April 24, 2018
- 5 Bookstores On My Bucket List - April 18, 2018
- 7 Books I’d Rescue If My House Was Burning Down - April 13, 2018
- The Summer of Jordi Perez and Rashika’s Favorite Burger Place - April 10, 2018