About 5 years ago, The Fault in Our Stars made a HUGE splash in the YA reading community. Lots of people fell head over heels for it and some of us weren’t impressed at all. Regardless,The Fault in Our Stars went on to be adapted into a movie and was set as the standard to which all other YA books would be compared to. SO. Books. If you loved The Fault in Our Stars, you should read and support these wonderful, diverse books and find a new fav! Or if you just want good diverse books to read, DO THAT TOO.
1. Trouble is a Friend of Mine by Stephanie Tromly
Written by a POC author. Features wittiest banter, discussions of mental illness, etc.
2. Like No Other by Una LaMarche
Star-crossed lovers. Black MC and Jewish MC.
3. The Five Stages of Andrew Brawley by Shaun David Hutchinson
Gay MC. Book deals with grief and mental illness.
Latest posts by Rashika (see all)
- E.K. Johnston’s Favorite Victorian Woman - October 13, 2017
- A Fun Read If A Little Romance Heavy: There’s Someone Inside Your House by Stephanie Perkins - October 11, 2017
- Romance Mini-Reviews #2: The good and the okay - October 6, 2017
- Jane, Unlimited by Kristen Cashore: 10 Awesome Umbrellas - October 3, 2017