Fresh Batch, posted weekly, keeps you up to date on the hottest releases of the upcoming week.
Flavor of the week:
Flame in the Mist
Series: Flame in the Mist #1
Publication date: May 16th 2017
by G.P. Putnam’s Sons BFyR
The daughter of a prominent samurai, Mariko has long known her place—she may be an accomplished alchemist, whose cunning rivals that of her brother Kenshin, but because she is not a boy, her future has always been out of her hands. At just seventeen years old, Mariko is promised to Minamoto Raiden, the son of the emperor’s favorite consort—a political marriage that will elevate her family’s standing. But en route to the imperial city of Inako, Mariko narrowly escapes a bloody ambush by a dangerous gang of bandits known as the Black Clan, who she learns has been hired to kill her before she reaches the palace.
Dressed as a peasant boy, Mariko sets out to infiltrate the ranks of the Black Clan, determined to track down the person responsible for the target on her back. But she’s quickly captured and taken to the Black Clan’s secret hideout, where she meets their leader, the rebel ronin Takeda Ranmaru, and his second-in-command, his best friend Okami. Still believing her to be a boy, Ranmaru and Okami eventually warm to Mariko, impressed by her intellect and ingenuity. As Mariko gets closer to the Black Clan, she uncovers a dark history of secrets, of betrayal and murder, which will force her to question everything she’s ever known.
Other releases this week:
* In no particular order *
– The Love Interest by Cale Dietrich[Purchase]
– Thick as Thieves (The Queen’s Thief #5) by Megan Whalen Turner[Purchase]
– The Crown’s Fate (The Crown’s Game #2) by Evelyn Skye[Purchase]
– The Names They Gave Us by Emery Lord[Purchase]
– Seeking Mansfield (Seeking Mansfield #1) by Kate Watson[Purchase]
– The Truth About Happily Ever After by Karole Cozzo[Purchase]
– The Best Kind of Magic (Windy City Magic #1) by Crystal Cestari[Purchase]
– Riders (Riders #1) by Veronica Rossi[Purchase]
– Antisocial by Jillian Blake[Purchase]
– Grace and the Fever by Zan Romanoff[Purchase]
– Riptide Summer (Honey Girl #2) by Lisa Freeman[Purchase]
– No Second Chances (Dodge Cove #3) by Kate Evangelista[Purchase]
Anything catching your eye this week?