Fresh Batch, posted weekly, keeps you up to date on the hottest releases of the upcoming week.
Flavor of the week:
Publication date: May 9th 2017
by Balzer + Bray
Ramona was only five years old when Hurricane Katrina changed her life forever.
Since then, it’s been Ramona and her family against the world. Standing over six feet tall with unmistakable blue hair, Ramona is sure of three things: she likes girls, she’s fiercely devoted to her family, and she knows she’s destined for something bigger than the trailer she calls home in Eulogy, Mississippi. But juggling multiple jobs, her flaky mom, and her well-meaning but ineffectual dad forces her to be the adult of the family. Now, with her sister, Hattie, pregnant, responsibility weighs more heavily than ever.
The return of her childhood friend Freddie brings a welcome distraction. Ramona’s friendship with the former competitive swimmer picks up exactly where it left off, and soon he’s talked her into joining him for laps at the pool. But as Ramona falls in love with swimming, her feelings for Freddie begin to shift too, which is the last thing she expected. With her growing affection for Freddie making her question her sexual identity, Ramona begins to wonder if perhaps she likes girls and guys or if this new attraction is just a fluke. Either way, Ramona will discover that, for her, life and love are more fluid than they seem.
Other releases this week:
* In no particular order *
– It Started With Goodbye by Christina June [Purchase]
– It’s Not Like It’s a Secret by Misa Sugiura [Purchase]
– The Traitor’s Kiss (Traitor’s Trilogy #1) by Erin Beaty [Purchase]
– Brave New Girl by Rachel Vincent [Purchase]
– Dear Reader by Mary O’Connell [Purchase]
– The Noble Servant (A Medieval Fairy Tale #3) by Melanie Dickerson [Purchase]
– Umberland (Everland #2) by Wendy Spinale [Purchase]
– Becoming Bonnie by Jenni L. Walsh [Purchase]
– New Boy (Hogarth Shakespeare) by Tracy Chevalier [Purchase]
– Breaker and the Sun (Paper Stars #2) by Lauren Nicolle Taylor [Purchase]
– Deacon Locke Went to Prom by Brian Katcher [Purchase]
– That Thing We Call a Heart by Sheba Karim [Purchase]
– City of Angels by Kristi Belcamino [Purchase]
– Someone Else’s Summer by Rachel Bateman [Purchase]
– The Go-Between by Veronica Chambers [Purchase]
– If This Was a Movie (Falling into Fame #1) by Ginna Moran [Purchase]
– The Girl Who Wouldn’t Die by Randall Platt [Purchase]
– Birdy Flynn by Helen Donohoe [Purchase]
– Rising (The Tazavorn #3) by Sonya Weiss [Purchase]
– Juan Pablo and the Butterflies by J.J. Flowers [Purchase]
What’s on your wishlist this week?