Fresh Batch, posted weekly, keeps you up to date on the hottest releases of the upcoming week.
Flavor of the week:
Song of the Current
Series: Song of the Current #1
Publication date: June 6th 2017
by Bloomsbury Childrens Books
Caroline Oresteia is destined for the river. For generations, her family has been called by the river god, who has guided their wherries on countless voyages throughout the Riverlands. At seventeen, Caro has spent years listening to the water, ready to meet her fate. But the river god hasn’t spoken her name yet—and if he hasn’t by now, there’s a chance he never will.
Caro decides to take her future into her own hands when her father is arrested for refusing to transport a mysterious crate. By agreeing to deliver it in exchange for his release, Caro finds herself caught in a web of politics and lies, with dangerous pirates after the cargo—an arrogant courier with a secret—and without the river god to help her. With so much at stake, Caro must choose between the life she always wanted and the one she never could have imagined for herself.
From debut author Sarah Tolcser comes an immersive and romantic fantasy set along the waterways of a magical world with a headstrong heroine determined to make her mark.
Other releases this week:
* In no particular order *
– Follow Me Back (Follow Me Back #1) by A.V. Geiger [Purchase]
– Do Not Become Alarmed by Maile Meloy [Purchase]
– Dividing Eden (Dividing Eden #1) by Joelle Charbonneau [Purchase]
– The Sandcastle Empire by Kayla Olson [Purchase]
– Dramatically Ever After (Ever After #2) by Isabel Bandeira [Purchase]
– Liberty: The Spy Who (Kind of) Liked Me by Andrea Portes & Joel Silverman [Purchase]
– Tash Hearts Tolstoy by Kathryn Ormsbee [Purchase]
– The Evaporation of Sofi Snow (The Evaporation of Sofi Snow #1) by Mary Weber [Purchase]
– You Know Me Well by Nina LaCour & David Levithan [Purchase]
– Wildman by J.C. Geiger [Purchase]
– And Then There Were Four by Nancy Werlin [Purchase]
– Welcome to the Slipstream by Natalka Burian [Purchase]
What’s on your wishlist this week?