Fresh Batch, posted weekly, keeps you up to date on the hottest releases of the upcoming week.
Flavor of the week:
The Secret History of Us
Publication date: August 1st 2017
Gorgeously written and emotionally charged, The Secret History of Us explores the difficult journey of a teenage girl who must piece her life together after losing her memory in a near-fatal accident.
When Olivia awakes in a hospital bed following a car accident that almost took her life, she can’t remember the details about how she got there. She figures the fog is just a symptom of being in a week-long coma, but as time goes on, she realizes she’s lost more than just the last several days of her life—she’s lost her memory of the last four years. Gone is any recollection of starting or graduating high school; the prom; or her steady boyfriend Matt. Trying to figure out who she is feels impossible when everyone keeps telling her who she was.
As Liv tries to block out what her family and friends say about who she used to be, the one person she hasn’t heard enough from is Walker, the guy who saved her the night her car was knocked off that bridge into the bay below. Walker is the hardened boy who’s been keeping his distance—and the only person Olivia inexplicably feels herself with. With her feelings growing for Walker, tensions rising with Matt, and secrets she can’t help but feel are being kept from her, Olivia must find her place in a life she doesn’t remember living.
Other releases this week:
* In no particular order *
– The Wood by Chelsea Bobulski [Purchase]
– Venturess (Mechanica #2) by Betsy Cornwell [Purchase]
– We Now Return to Regular Life by Martin Wilson [Purchase]
– Secondborn (Secondborn #1) by Amy A. Bartol [Purchase]
– Just Friends by Tiffany Pitcock [Purchase]
– Sparks of Light (Into the Dim #2) by Janet B. Taylor [Purchase]
– Truthers by Geoffrey Girard [Purchase]
– Solo by Kwame Alexander & Mary Rand Hess [Purchase]
– Project Pandora (Assassin Fall #1) by Aden Polydoros [Purchase]
– Of Jenny and the Aliens by Ryan Gebhart[Purchase]
– Love Is Both Wave and Particle by Paul Cody [Purchase]
– The Way It Hurts by Patty Blount [Purchase]
Anything on your wishlist this week?