Fresh Batch, posted weekly, keeps you up to date on the hottest releases of the upcoming week.
Flavor of the week:
Beasts Made of Night
Publication date: October 31st 2017
In the walled city of Kos, corrupt mages can magically call forth sin from a sinner in the form of sin-beasts – lethal creatures spawned from feelings of guilt.
Taj is the most talented of the aki, young sin-eaters indentured by the mages to slay the sin-beasts. But Taj’s livelihood comes at a terrible cost. When he kills a sin-beast, a tattoo of the beast appears on his skin while the guilt of committing the sin appears on his mind. Most aki are driven mad by the process, but 17-year-old Taj is cocky and desperate to provide for his family.
When Taj is called to eat a sin of a royal, he’s suddenly thrust into the center of a dark conspiracy to destroy Kos. Now Taj must fight to save the princess that he loves – and his own life.
A gritty Nigerian-influenced fantasy.
Other releases this week:
* In no particular order *
– Winter’s Siren by Krystal Jane Ruin [Purchase]
– Almost Midnight: Two Short Stories by Rainbow Rowell by Rainbow Rowell [Purchase]
– Pretty in Black (Pretty in Black #1) by Rae Hachton [Purchase]
– Undercover Princess (The Rosewood Chronicles #1) by Connie Glynn [Purchase]
– The Empress (The Diabolic #2) by S.J. Kincaid [Purchase]
– Piper by Jay Asher & Jessica Freeburg [Purchase]
– Tortall: A Spy’s Guide (Tortall) by Tamora Pierce [Purchase]
– The Scarecrow Queen (The Sin Eater’s Daughter #3) by Melinda Salisbury [Purchase]
– The Trials of Morrigan Crow (Nevermoor #1) by Jessica Townsend [Purchase]
– The Wicker King by K. Ancrum [Purchase]
– The Trouble with Twelfth Grave (Charley Davidson #12) by Darynda Jones [Purchase]
– Girl in a Bad Place by Kaitlin Ward [Purchase]
– Otherworld (Otherworld #1) by Jason Segel & Kirsten Miller [Purchase]
– The Dark Intercept (The Dark Intercept #1) by Julia Keller [Purchase]
– My New Crush Gave to Me by Shani Petroff [Purchase]
– A Very, Very Bad Thing by Jeffery Self [Purchase]
What’s catching your eye this week?