Fresh Batch, posted weekly, keeps you up to date on the hottest releases of the upcoming week.
Flavor of the week:
Series: Furthermore #
Publication date: November 14th 2017
by Dutton Books for Young Readers
A new adventure about a girl who is fated to wash the bodies of the dead in this companion to Furthermore.
Our story begins on a frosty night…
Laylee can barely remember the happier times before her beloved mother died. Before her father, driven by grief, lost his wits (and his way). Before she was left as the sole remaining mordeshoor in the village of Whichwood, destined to spend her days washing the bodies of the dead and preparing their souls for the afterlife. It’s become easy to forget and easier still to ignore the way her hands are stiffening and turning silver, just like her hair, and her own ever-increasing loneliness and fear.
But soon, a pair of familiar strangers appears, and Laylee’s world is turned upside down as she rediscovers color, magic, and the healing power of friendship.
Other releases this week:
* In no particular order *
– The City of Brass (The Daevabad Trilogy #1) by S.A. Chakraborty [Purchase]
– Fragments of the Lost by Megan Miranda [Purchase]
– Being Fishkill by Ruth Lehrer [Purchase]
– Into the Drowning Deep (Rolling in the Deep #1) by Mira Grant [Purchase]
– Flashtide (Flashfall #2) by Jenny Moyer [Purchase]
– Artemis by Andy Weir [Purchase]
– Runebinder (The Runebinder Chronicles #1) by Alex R. Kahler [Purchase]
– The Traitor’s Crux (The Dark Powers #1) by Jessica Prather [Purchase]
– Oathbringer (The Stormlight Archive #3) by Brandon Sanderson [Purchase]
– Seriously Hexed (Seriously Wicked #3) by Tina Connolly [Purchase]
– Good and Gone by Megan Frazer Blakemore [Purchase]
– The Doorway God by Tom Early [Purchase]
What are you most excited for this week?