I have a shameful secret. I’ve sorta of been in a book slump these past couple weeks. I am still reading but nothing really calls out to me and I’d honestly rather just watch TV than read a book. I wonder if its because I have a craving for a certain kind of book and cannot find something that fits the bill or if its just because I am extremely exhausted (emotionally & mentally) and don’t want to do anything anymore.
1. No book looks good.
You’ve tried starting five but have DNFed 10. Will a book ever look good again?
2. So you start watching TV.
You are now 6 seasons deep into a show you started 3 days ago, with no end in sight. Will this be over? Will you ever feel like reading again? *are you still watching* YES I AM, NETFLIX. STOP JUDGING ME.
3. Maybe it’s time to accept that this is your life.
You are never going to read a good book again. You’re never going to read. PERIOD. Time to unsubscribe to those newspapers and magazines as well, then.
4. But then you remember your favorites books.
Maybe re-reading will help you out of that slump? The stories of your favorite literary children can always be useful. *screams in Marchetta*
5. And maybe that does help you…
This last stage is purposefully vague because, I am not quite there yet so I feel like I’d be lying if I said being reunited with my favorite literary children was the solution? It did make me feel better though. Right now I am still at stage 2/3 because I am knee deep in a binge watch.
Have you suffered from book slumps before? How do you usually get out of them? Help a bud outttt
Latest posts by Rashika (see all)
- Not a Good Addition to the Series: Alone in the Wild by Kelley Armstrong - January 29, 2020
- A Mixed Bag: Scavenge the Stars by Tara Sim - January 20, 2020
- Light-Hearted and Thoughtful: The Right Swipe by Alisha Rai - December 18, 2019
- Romance Mini Reviews #5: Trio of Contemporary Goodness - December 10, 2019