Fresh Batch, posted weekly, keeps you up to date on the hottest releases of the upcoming week.
Flavor of the week:
Tess of the Road
Publication date: February 27th 2018
by Random House Books for Young Readers
In the medieval kingdom of Goredd, women are expected to be ladies, men are their protectors, and dragons get to be whomever they want. Tess, stubbornly, is a troublemaker. You can’t make a scene at your sister’s wedding and break a relative’s nose with one punch (no matter how pompous he is) and not suffer the consequences. As her family plans to send her to a nunnery, Tess yanks on her boots and sets out on a journey across the Southlands, alone and pretending to be a boy.
Where Tess is headed is a mystery, even to her. So when she runs into an old friend, it’s a stroke of luck. This friend is a quigutl–a subspecies of dragon–who gives her both a purpose and protection on the road. But Tess is guarding a troubling secret. Her tumultuous past is a heavy burden to carry, and the memories she’s tried to forget threaten to expose her to the world in more ways than one.
Other releases this week:
* In no particular order *
– Everlife (Everlife #3) by Gena Showalter [Purchase]
– Daughter of the Siren Queen (Daughter of the Pirate King #2) by Tricia Levenseller [Purchase]
– All Out: The No-Longer-Secret Stories of Queer Teens Throughout the Ages [Purchase]
– People Like Us by Dana Mele [Purchase]
– Cadaver & Queen by Alisa Kwitney [Purchase]
– Where I Live by Brenda Rufener [Purchase]
– The Traitor’s Game (The Traitor’s Game #1) by Jennifer A. Nielsen [Purchase]
– Heart of Iron by Ashley Poston [Purchase]
– To Right the Wrongs (Erin Blake #2) by Sheryl Scarborough[Purchase]
– This Tiny Perfect World by Lauren Gibaldi[Purchase]
– Shark by Jeff Ross [Purchase]
– The Calculus of Change by Jessie Hilb [Purchase]
What’s on your wishlist this week?