Fresh Batch, posted weekly, keeps you up to date on the hottest releases of the upcoming week.
Flavor of the week:
The Astonishing Color of After
Emily X.R. Pan
Publication date: March 20th 2018
by Little, Brown Books for Young Readers
Leigh Chen Sanders is absolutely certain about one thing: When her mother died by suicide, she turned into a bird.
Leigh, who is half Asian and half white, travels to Taiwan to meet her maternal grandparents for the first time. There, she is determined to find her mother, the bird. In her search, she winds up chasing after ghosts, uncovering family secrets, and forging a new relationship with her grandparents. And as she grieves, she must try to reconcile the fact that on the same day she kissed her best friend and longtime secret crush, Axel, her mother was taking her own life.
Alternating between real and magic, past and present, friendship and romance, hope and despair, The Astonishing Color of After is a novel about finding oneself through family history, art, grief, and love.
Other releases this week:
* In no particular order *
– Tyler Johnson Was Here by Jay Coles [Purchase]
– The Heart Forger (The Bone Witch #2) by Rin Chupeco [Purchase]
– Orphan Monster Spy by Matt Killeen [Purchase]
– Miles Away from You by A.B. Rutledge [Purchase]
– Losing Leah by Tiffany King [Purchase]
– Tiger’s Dream (The Tiger Saga #5) by Colleen Houck [Purchase]
– Paris Syndrome by Lisa Walker [Purchase]
– Ginger Kid: Mostly True Tales from a Former Nerd by Steve Hofstetter [Purchase]
– 59 Hours by Johnny Kovatch [Purchase]
– Along the Indigo by Elsie Chapman [Purchase]
– Here So Far Away by Hadley Dyer [Purchase]
– Burro Hills by Julia Lynn Rubin [Purchase]
What’s catching your eye this week?
Find previous Fresh Batch posts here!
Latest posts by Giselle (see all)
- Cover Reveal: Saving Kimi by Brooke Stanton - September 23, 2020
- Fresh Batch (August 25th – 31st) - August 24, 2019
- Fresh Batch (July 28th – August 3rd) - July 27, 2019
- Fresh Batch (July 21st – 27th) - July 20, 2019