Fresh Batch, posted weekly, keeps you up to date on the hottest releases of the upcoming week.
Flavor of the week:
Four Dead Queens
Publication date: February 26th 2019
by G.P. Putnam’s Sons Books for Young Readers
Seventeen-year-old Keralie Corrington may seem harmless, but she’s, in fact, one of Quadara’s most skilled thieves and a liar. Varin, on the other hand, is an honest, upstanding citizen of Quadara’s most enlightened region, Eonia. He runs afoul of Keralie when she steals a package from him, putting his life in danger. When Varin attempts to retrieve the package, he and Keralie both find themselves entangled in a conspiracy that leaves all four of Quadara’s queens dead.
With no other choices and on the run from Keralie’s former employer, the two decide to join forces, endeavoring to discover who has killed the queens and save their own lives in the process. When their reluctant partnership blooms into a tenuous romance, they must overcome their own dark secrets in hopes of a future together that seemed impossible just days before. But first they have to stay alive and untangle the secrets behind the nation’s four dead queens.
An enthralling fast-paced murder mystery where competing agendas collide with deadly consequences, Four Dead Queensheralds the arrival of an exciting new YA talent.
Other releases this week:
* In no particular order *
– The Fever King (Feverwake #1) by Victoria Lee [Purchase]
– The Raven Tower by Ann Leckie [Purchase]
– We Set the Dark on Fire (We Set the Dark on Fire #1) by Tehlor Kay Mejia [Purchase]
– The Dysasters (The Dysasters #1) by P.C. Cast & Kristin Cast [Purchase]
– Warrior of the Wild by Tricia Levenseller [Purchase]
– Rayne & Delilah’s Midnite Matinee by Jeff Zentner [Purchase]
– An Affair of Poisons by Addie Thorley [Purchase]
– Pretend She’s Here by Luanne Rice [Purchase]
– Last of Her Name by Jessica Khoury [Purchase]
– What We Buried by Kate A. Boorman [Purchase]
– Tell Me Everything by Sarah Enni [Purchase]
– The Deceiver’s Heart (The Traitor’s Game #2) by Jennifer A. Nielsen [Purchase]
– The Beauty of the Moment by Tanaz Bhathena [Purchase]
– Sorry Not Sorry by Jaime Reed [Purchase]
– The Priory of the Orange Tree by Samantha Shannon [Purchase]
– The Music of What Happens by Bill Konigsberg [Purchase]
– Leave. Me. Alone.: A Place to Drop Your Drama by Dylan Smith-Mitchell [Purchase]
– Lincoln (Angelbound Origins #1.5) by Christina Bauer [Purchase]
– That’s Not What I Heard by Stephanie Kate Strohm [Purchase]
– Inebriated by Katey Taylor [Purchase]
Anything you’ve been excited for this week?
Latest posts by Giselle (see all)
- Fresh Batch (August 25th – 31st) - August 24, 2019
- Fresh Batch (July 28th – August 3rd) - July 27, 2019
- Fresh Batch (July 21st – 27th) - July 20, 2019
- Review: House of Salt and Sorrows by Erin A. Craig - July 16, 2019