Fresh Batch, posted weekly, keeps you up to date on the hottest releases of the upcoming week.
Flavor of the week:
The Art of Losing
Publication date: February 19th 2019
by Soho Teen
On one terrible night, 17-year-old Harley Langston’s life changes forever. At a party she discovers her younger sister, Audrey, hooking up with her boyfriend, Mike—and she abandons them both in a rage. When Mike drunkenly attempts to drive Audrey home, he crashes and Audrey ends up in a coma. Now Harley is left with guilt, grief, pain and the undeniable truth that her ex-boyfriend (who is relatively unscathed) has a drinking problem. So it’s a surprise that she finds herself reconnecting with Raf, a neighbor and childhood friend who’s recently out of rehab and still wrestling with his own demons. At first Harley doesn’t want to get too close to him. But as Audrey awakens and slowly recovers, Raf starts to show Harley a path forward that she never would have believed possible—one guided by honesty, forgiveness, and redemption.
Other releases this week:
* In no particular order *
– The Risk (Briar U #2) by Elle Kennedy [Purchase]
– Gates of Stone (Lord of the Islands #1) by Angus Macallan [Purchase]
– The Afterward by E.K. Johnston [Purchase]
– The Past and Other Things That Should Stay Buried by Shaun David Hutchinson [Purchase]
– Mist, Metal, and Ash (Ink, Iron, and Glass #2) by Gwendolyn Clare [Purchase]
– Narcosis Room by Louise Cypress [Purchase]
– Echo Through the Stars (The Echo Series #1) by Jessica Lynn Medina [Purchase]
– The Burning by Laura Bates [Purchase]
What are you the most excited for this week?