Fresh Batch, posted weekly, keeps you up to date on the hottest releases of the upcoming week.
Flavor of the week:
Series: Bloodleaf #1
Publication date: March 12th 2019
by HMH Books for Young Readers
Perfect for fans of RED QUEEN and UPROOTED, Crystal Smith’s debut novel, BLOODLEAF, is an imaginative retelling of the Grimm Fairy tale “The Goose Girl” that takes a ghostly mystery and sets it inside an epic fantasy world.
Princess Aurelia is a prisoner to her crown and the heir that nobody wants. Surrounded by spirits and banned from using her blood-magic, Aurelia flees her country after a devastating assassination attempt. To escape her fate, Aurelia disguises herself as a commoner in a new land and discovers a happiness her crown has never allowed. As she forges new bonds and perfects her magic, she begins to fall for a man who is forbidden to rule beside her. But the ghosts that haunt Aurelia refuse to abandon her, and she finds herself succumbing to their call as they expose a nefarious plot that only she can defeat. Will she be forced to choose between the weight of the crown and the freedom of her new life?
Other releases this week:
* In no particular order *
– The Waking Forest by Alyssa Wees [Purchase]
– Space (Laws of Physics #2) by Penny Reid [Purchase]
– The Witch’s Tower (Twisted Ever After #1) by Tamara Grantham [Purchase]
– Die Mission (H.O.M.E. #2) by Eva Siegmund [Purchase]
– Heart & Shadow: The Valkyrie Duology (Valkyrie #1-2) by Amanda Hocking [Purchase]
– Angel Thieves by Kathi Appelt [Purchase]
– Squad by Mariah MacCarthy [Purchase]
– Last Girl Standing by Marjory Kaptanoglu [Purchase]
What’s on your wishlist this week?