1. Unmarriageable by Sonia Kamal
Pride and Prejudice set in modern-day Pakistan.
2. Pride, Prejudice and Other Flavors by Sonali Dev
Gender-flipped P&P retelling that follows an Indian-American family descended from royalty. Set in San Francisco.
3. Ayesha at Last by Uzma Jalaluddin
P&P set in Toronto! Follows the adventures of a large, boisterous Muslim family.
Bonus Emma Retelling: Polite Society by Mahesh Rao
Emma, with a touch of Crazy Rich Asians, set in Delhi.
Latest posts by Rashika (see all)
- Not a Good Addition to the Series: Alone in the Wild by Kelley Armstrong - January 29, 2020
- A Mixed Bag: Scavenge the Stars by Tara Sim - January 20, 2020
- Light-Hearted and Thoughtful: The Right Swipe by Alisha Rai - December 18, 2019
- Romance Mini Reviews #5: Trio of Contemporary Goodness - December 10, 2019
Lizzy @ Bent Bookworm
Ooooh these all sound super interesting!! I’m such a sucker for retellings.
ME TOO. I love a good retelling of any of the Jane Austen novels.
I just bought Unmarriagable and I am so excited for the other two! I adore Sonali Dev. I hadn’t yet heard about Polite Society but you have me at Crazy Rich Asians and Emma!
YAY! I hope you love all the books! Also, OMG, I KNOW (re: Polite Society)! That combo sounds amazing and I am here for it.
All are new to me, but I ADORE the covers! Rich colors, eye catching yet simple artwork… <3
I love the illustrated style of covers thats a thing right now. It makes for such eye-catching covers!