If you don’t live under a rock, you’ve probably noticed that there have been a surge in books about heists and thieves this year. As someone who is always on the lookout for a book about some good old fashioned thieving, I thought I’d make a list for anyone else who loves heists as much as me and missed any of these books.
Note: this list includes two books that came out December 2018 (WHICH COUNTS, IMHO) as well as a book I didn’t personally love but that shouldn’t stop other people from loving it.
1. Death Prefers Blondes by Caleb Roehrig
Kickboxing drag queens performing heists? HELL TO THE FUCKING YEAH.
2. The Gilded Wolves by Roshani Chokshi
ITS SET IN PARIS in 1889. ’tis enough. Also the fact that its CHOKSHI.
3. Immoral Code by Lillian Clark
Stealing from a wealthy estranged father to pay for college is a BIG MOOD.
4. Fire & Heist by Sarah Beth Durst
Heisting shape-shifting dragons is all you need to know about this book. THE TWO BEST THINGS IN ONE.
5. The Deceivers by Kristen Simmons
A SCHOOL FOR ASPIRING CON ARTISTS. THE DREAM. Ugh. I know con artists isn’t exactly the same as thieves but there is some ‘stealing’ of information.
6. Nocturna by Maya Motayne
A face-changing thief???? In a latinx-inspired fantasy world??? YES PLEASE.
7. The Disasters by M.K. England
SPACE HEISTING. Also, space conspiracy theories.
Latest posts by Rashika (see all)
- Cute But The Science is Lacking: Blastaway by Melissa Landers - July 15, 2019
- Heartbreaking, Swoony & Funny: Symptoms of a Heartbreak by Sona Charaipotra - July 10, 2019
- A Soft, Low-Stress Book: Some Like it Scandalous by Maya Rodale - July 5, 2019
- Potentially the best Pride and Prejudice Adaptation: Ayesha at Last by Uzma Jalaluddin - July 2, 2019