Fresh Batch, posted weekly, keeps you up to date on the hottest releases of the upcoming week.
Flavor of the week:
Hot Dog Girl
Publication date: April 30th 2019
by G.P. Putnam’s Sons Books for Young Readers
Elouise (Lou) Parker is determined to have the absolute best, most impossibly epic summer of her life. There are just a few things standing in her way:
* She’s landed a job at Magic Castle Playland . . . as a giant dancing hot dog.
* Her crush, the dreamy Diving Pirate Nick, already has a girlfriend, who is literally the Princess of the park. But Lou’s never liked anyone, guy or otherwise, this much before, and now she wants a chance at her own happily ever after.
* Her best friend, Seeley, the carousel operator, who’s always been up for anything, suddenly isn’t when it comes to Lou’s quest to set her up with the perfect girl or Lou’s scheme to get close to Nick.
* And it turns out that this will be their last summer at Magic Castle Playland–ever–unless she can find a way to stop it from closing.
Jennifer Dugan’s sparkling debut coming-of-age queer romance stars a princess, a pirate, a hot dog, and a carousel operator who find love–and themselves–in unexpected people and unforgettable places.
Other releases this week:
* In no particular order *
– One Word Kill (Impossible Times #1) by Mark Lawrence [Purchase]
– A Good Girl’s Guide to Murder by Holly Jackson [Purchase]
– Hearts Made for Breaking by Jen Klein [Purchase]
– Little Darlings by Melanie Golding [Purchase]
– Brief Chronicle of Another Stupid Heartbreak by Adi Alsaid [Purchase]
– King of Fools (The Shadow Game #2) by Amanda Foody [Purchase]
– Belly Up by Eva Darrows & Hillary Monahan [Purchase]
– Lone Star in Jersey by Gina Harris & Anne Key[Purchase]
– Ordinary Girl by Pamela Gossiaux [Purchase]
– A Thousand Years to Wait (The Tarrowburn Prophecies, #1) by L. Ryan Storms [Purchase]
– When I Was Summer by J.B. Howard [Purchase]
– How to Be Luminous by Harriet Reuter Hapgood [Purchase]
What’s catching your eye this week?