Fresh Batch, posted weekly, keeps you up to date on the hottest releases of the upcoming week.
Flavor of the week:
Hungry Hearts: 13 Tales of Food & Love
Elsie Chapman (Editor)
Publication date: June 18th 2019
by Simon Pulse
From some of your favorite bestselling and critically acclaimed authors—including Sandhya Menon, Anna-Marie McLemore, and Rin Chupeco—comes a collection of interconnected short stories that explore the intersection of family, culture, and food in the lives of thirteen teens.
A shy teenager attempts to express how she really feels through the confections she makes at her family’s pasteleria. A tourist from Montenegro desperately seeks a magic soup dumpling that could cure his fear of death. An aspiring chef realizes that butter and soul are the key ingredients to win a cooking competition that could win him the money to save his mother’s life.
Welcome to Hungry Hearts Row, where the answers to most of life’s hard questions are kneaded, rolled, baked. Where a typical greeting is, “Have you had anything to eat?” Where magic and food and love are sometimes one and the same.
Told in interconnected short stories, Hungry Hearts explores the many meanings food can take on beyond mere nourishment. It can symbolize love and despair, family and culture, belonging and home.
Other releases this week:
* In no particular order *
– Patron Saints of Nothing by Randy Ribay [Purchase]
– Something Like Gravity by Amber Smith [Purchase]
– All of Us with Wings by Michelle Ruiz Keil [Purchase]
– The Art of Breaking Things by Laura Sibson [Purchase]
– The Green Tower (The Five Towers, #3) by J.B. Simmons [Purchase]
– Soul of the Sword (Shadow of the Fox #2) by Julie Kagawa [Purchase]
– Risking It All by S.M. Koz [Purchase]
– The Last Real Girl (The Disappearance of Charlotte Walters, #1) by L.C. Warman [Purchase]
What’s on your wishlist this week?