Fresh Batch, posted weekly, keeps you up to date on the hottest releases of the upcoming week.
Flavor of the week:
Symptoms of a Heartbreak
Publication date: July 2nd 2019
The youngest doctor in America, an Indian-American teen makes her rounds―and falls head over heels―in the contemporary romantic comedy Symptoms of a Heartbreak.
Fresh from med school, sixteen-year-old medical prodigy Saira arrives for her first day at her new job: treating children with cancer. She’s always had to balance family and friendships with her celebrity as the Girl Genius―but she’s never had to prove herself to skeptical adult co-workers while adjusting to real life-and-death stakes. And working in the same hospital as her mother certainly isn’t making things any easier.
But life gets complicated when Saira finds herself falling in love with a patient: a cute teen boy who’s been diagnosed with cancer. And when she risks her brand new career to try to improve his chances, it could cost her everything.
It turns out “heartbreak” is the one thing she still doesn’t know how to treat.
In her solo debut, Sona Charaipotra brings us a compelling #ownvoices protagonist who’s not afraid to chase what she wants. Symptoms of a Heartbreak goes from romantic comedy highs to tearjerker lows and is the ultimate cure-all for young adult readers needing an infusion of something heartfelt.
Other releases this week:
* In no particular order *
– Lock Every Door by Riley Sager [Purchase]
– Immunity (Contagion #2) by Erin Bowman [Purchase]
– Destroy All Monsters by Sam J. Miller [Purchase]
– The Beckoning Shadow (The Beckoning Shadow #1) by Katharyn Blair [Purchase]
– We Walked the Sky by Lisa Fiedler [Purchase]
– Teen Titans: Raven (Teen Titans #1) by Kami Garcia [Purchase]
– The Best Lies by Sarah Lyu [Purchase]
– Queen of Ruin (Grace and Fury #2) by Tracy Banghart [Purchase]
– Stories of the Night by Lauren Smyth [Purchase]
– My Perfect Ruin by Cherrie Lynn [Purchase]
– Revolution (Anarchy #3) by Megan DeVos [Purchase]
– Notes from a Former Virgin: Junior Year (Chloe Snow’s Diary #3) by Emma Chastain [Purchase]
What are you most excited for this week?
Latest posts by Giselle (see all)
- Fresh Batch (July 21st – 27th) - July 20, 2019
- Review: House of Salt and Sorrows by Erin A. Craig - July 16, 2019
- Fresh Batch (July 14th – 20th) - July 13, 2019
- Review: The Arrival of Someday by Jen Malone - July 9, 2019