All About Yours Truly!
After seeing a guest post by an author listing random/fun facts about their books, we thought it would be fun to implement it as a topic where we list fun facts about ourselves… except we’ve deduced we’re pretty boring so far, so this may not have been a good idea after all >.<
- When I stumbled upon Facebook for the first time it was when I found it open on my husband’s computer (though we weren’t married yet). I got mad at him for making an account on a dating site and made him delete his account, not believing his “Just some social thing” story. We still laugh about it to this day!
- I am deathly afraid of cooking with grease. I was making fries in 2001 (back home we used to make em with just heating oil direct in a pan, no deep fryer) and it caught fire. I was ridiculously stupid and decided it was best to try to bring the pot outside and throw it in the snow, except when I threw it the wind just blew the fire right in my face. I sported burnt bangs and eyebrows, and second degree burns for a while. But hey our house only needed a paint job! (Fireman says it was a miracle I didn’t lose both my hands from the oil creeping out of the pot which he was surprised didn’t happen). Now I can’t even be near the sound of grease crackling.
- I used to be a horror movie junkie. Then I watched The Grudge 1 & 2. That face (and sound) still haunts me every time I close my eyes!
- I sleep with my socks on (apparently this is odd?)
- In our house we currently have 3 Macbooks, 1 Powerbook, 1 Mac Mini, 1 PC, 2 iPhones, and an Airport Basestation. 😀
- I don’t have time anymore since I had my devil child but I used to be an uber RPG gamer. The last one I played was Final Fantasy X and X-2 (completed to 100% #hairflip – Chocobos haunt my dreams)
- I have never been stung by a bee, nor have I ever broken a bone (now I’ve just jinxed myself).
- I once smelled my eyeballs burning. (No I swear! I had Lasik and it was SO gross – still some of the best money I ever spent!)
- We have a cat who can’t meow (she thinks she’s a human)
- I’m from a small town of population 2,545 – it doesn’t even have a Tim Hortons!
- I love books (this is totally new information!)
- Since making this post, I now know I lead a very uninteresting life!
We’re looking for topic suggestions for future BGDC posts! What would YOU like to discuss (can be anything from vents to advice)?
Leave a topic suggestion via this form!
XOXO, Book Girl