Series: Red Rising Trilogy
Genre: Adult, Dystopia
Publication date: January 28th 2014
by Del Rey
Darrow is a miner and a Red, a member of the lowest caste in the color-coded society of the future. Like his fellow Reds, he digs all day, believing that he and his people are making the surface of the planet livable for future generations. Darrow has never seen the sky.
Yet he spends his life willingly, knowing that his blood and sweat will one day result in a better future for his children.
But Darrow and his kind have been betrayed. Soon he discovers that humanity already reached the surface generations ago. Vast cities and sprawling parks spread across the planet. Darrow and Reds like him are nothing more than slaves to a decadent ruling class.
Inspired by a longing for justice, and driven by the memory of lost love, Darrow joins a resistance group in order to infiltrate the ruling class and destroy society from within. He will stop at nothing to bring down his enemies... even if it means he has to become one of them to do so.
I’ve heard wonderful things about this book so far and I can’t wait to read it myself. And one lucky Canadian can enter to win their very own copy, today, thanks to the lovely people at Random House of Canada.
Random House of Canada has generously offered a finished copy of Red Rising for giveaway.
- Open to Canada only
- Giveaway ends January 10th, 2014
- Full contest terms and conditions found on Rafflecopter
Latest posts by Giselle (see all)
- Review: The Scandalous Sisterhood of Prickwillow Place by Julie Berry - October 23, 2014
- Interview with Martina Boone, author of Compulsion + Giveaway! - October 22, 2014
- Follow Me Through Darkness Playlist + Giveaway! - October 21, 2014
- Review: The Walled City by Ryan Graudin - October 20, 2014