Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme that is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish where every week there is a new top 10 topic where we list bookish things.
- Readers are the New Black – Duh! Readers are now the coolest kids on the block (in case you didn’t know) and that makes being a blogger of books the bestest and most sought after thing there is.
- Sharing is Caring! Who doesn’t love to shove their opinions into other people’s faces? Having a blog is like getting an outlet for our intense, often fangirly, sometimes snarky opinions where people love to agree or disagree and have these awesome discussions about nerdy bookish things!
- Socializing for us Introverts! This may surprise you, but we hate to go out (WHAAAT?). One reason is this dumb Canadian climate, but both of us would pick staying in over socializing *shudders*. Being a blogger brings us all together into a social community where we all love to shove opinions and have silly arguments over who’s book boyfriend is the most awesomest (we all know mine is – all 254 of them)!
- Friends! On the same note, we both have met people (even including each other!) that have become very close friends. Some even as close as our local friends. We know blogging is not always easy, especially with drama and plagiarism and the hard work it takes to run a blog, but the sense of community and blogging friends are what makes all the hard work worth it!
- ARCs? All of the books? Being able to read a book before it’s available to the public so we can flaunt it in front of our socialite family members who so don’t get it, is awesome! And duh, free books! Does that make us shallow? Pfft who doesn’t love free things? Well, we want ALL OF THE BOOKS and are not ashamed to admit it!
- Meeting Gods/Goddesses of Writing! Authors have always been like celebrities to us and we actually get to have conversations about their books which still blows our minds! We both squee and print screen to each other whenever an author we love follows us or responds to a tweet.
- Spending Time in Style: While most people go about living their lives, we live hundreds of them! How’s that for 9 lives, cats?? *Hairflip* Plus, it gives is something to do while our husbands play their lame video games.
- Escape! For those who run a busy lifestyle or, like us, have kids, you definitely understand our need to shut down our brains once the little devils are in bed! We get to escape and live secret lives – which in our cases means bawling our eyes out as if we were dying or fighting to the death in a bloody zombie bath (we’ll let you guess who’s who! >.<).
- This is supposed to be a Top “10” List
- And now it is!