Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish where we list top bookish things.
Note that Giselle and Jenni often decide to split it and each do a Top 5.
All of the author love fails!
- John Green: I bought The Fault in Our Stars last year with full intent of jumping right into it but then life changed and the story began to hit too close to home so I just haven’t gotten around to picking it up yet. I know this is unacceptable and I could pick up one of his other novels but I just haven’t.
- Sarah Dessen: I have 6 of this woman’s novels on my shelf and I have not even picked one of them up. FAIL.
- J.K. Rowling: Ok, please don’t throw stuff at me *hides* Harry Potter has just never interested me, neither have her recent adult novels.
- Richelle Mead: In my defence I did buy the box set of the VA series a few weeks ago and I do intend to get to them when I have time for some ME reading.
- Veronica Roth: Once again, I have all of her books, just haven’t read them. I do want to read Divergent before the movie comes out, but that probably won’t happen.
My list isn’t as tragic as Jenni’s (I mean c’mon, girl!), but Stephen King alone is a pretty big fail on my horror-loving part! >.<
- Stephen King: I know, I know! Major fail for me here who claims is a huge horror fan, huh? I have watched a large number of his movies, but his books have always intimidated me seeing as they all have a million pages. But one day I will get out of this funk >.<
- James Dashner: I have been wanting to read The Maze Runner for like a thousand years and I just… haven’t! And there’s a movie out now right? Or out soon? Eep!
- Beth Ravis: I think this is the first author I told myself I would read ASAP when I started my blog. Everyone and their dog was recommending it to me and it does sound so good and the reviews are amazing! Maybe I will audiobook this bugger soon! I love to use audiobooks for my long-time TBR residents!
- Julie Kagawa: It’s funny that she’s in this list because I’m pretty sure I own all of her books! I have the first 3 Iron Fey books at home, and I own eBooks of both Immortal Rules book, and even Grim from Netgalley. I also met her at BEA, she’s so sweet and awesome and charismatic!
- Rachel Vincent: I also own a lot of Vincent’s books. At least the first 3 Soul Screamers and Amy (Book Loving Mom) just got me her Blood Bound trilogy last Christmas. I have heard amazing things about all of her series!
Does our lists make you ashamed of us? >.<
What authors would be on yours?
Latest posts by Giselle (see all)
- Giselle’s Stacking the Shelves [March 1st] - March 1, 2015
- Fresh Batch (March 1st – 7th) - February 28, 2015
- Review: Losing at Love by Jennifer Iacopelli + Giveaway - February 25, 2015
- Review: Silent Alarm by Jennifer Banash - February 24, 2015