Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish where we list top bookish things.
Note that Giselle and Jenni often decide to split it and each do a Top 5.
All of Your Contemporary Needs!
- Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta: Basically I think this novel should be on every bookish list I make from now until eternity. Just read it.
- The Fault In Our Stars by John Green: Clearly I believe in starting out with a bang because holy emotion, Batman. I think the romance between Augustus and Hazel is just so fantastic and I want everyone to have a glimpse of it.
- Breathe, Annie, Breathe by Miranda Kenneally: Basically what my co-blogger has said down below! I think that everyone should get to experience The Kenneally Feeling at least once in their life and this newest in the series was by far my favourite.
- Easy by Tammara Webber: I think this one has a relationship that pretty much anyone can fall for. I loved Lucas so much and it was the first romancey novel I had read that really featured the flaws in the characters and them working through all of that (I don’t read a lot of romance, in case you couldn’t tell from that previous sentence!)
- Everything Leads to You by Nina Lacour: There is just so damn much to love about this novel. You get a really unique look at the movie industry, a really good romance and fantastic characters. To me this one could be a home run for anyone!
- Catching Jordan by Miranda Kenneally: I just think everybody needs a little bit of Miranda Kenneally in their life. That is all.
- Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Ashey: For someone who likes a bit of a more serious/dark tone this is the one I often recommend to my friends. It was one of my first contemps too, actually!
- Perfect Escape by Jennifer Brown: Everyone needs to read at least one road trip book, and while there are a few others that I would also recommend, this is one of my favorites. Anything by Jennifer Brown could be on this list, though!
- Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins: For more romance-oriented readers this is one I often lend out or tell them to buy. My copy is actually at a friend’s house right now! And with that said, I suck for not having read the others in this series >.<
- This Song Will Save Your Life by Leila Sales: This is one that has a lot of heart, and it’s such an easily readable novel that it’s one of the first I thought of for this list. It’s one that many could relate to as well, and I loved the range of emotion.
What are some of your favorite contemps you’d recommend?
Latest posts by Giselle (see all)
- Want To Review For Xpresso Reads? - October 30, 2014
- Review: Imaginary Girls by Nova Ren Suma - October 29, 2014
- In the Afterlight Dream Cast & Giveaway! - October 28, 2014
- Time Traveling for Dummies, by Karen Akins + Giveaway! - October 27, 2014