Whoooo! Happy New Year!! I hope you all had a fantastic holiday and new year’s eve. I’m currently on vacation so things are fab, here. First I just want to thank all my followers and bookish friends for being generally awesome and supportive and easily the best part of this blogging experience for yet another year. I hope 2015 is just as wonderful! Even though there’s been some drama in the book world this past year, I don’t let it get me down and try to focus on the people who rock it in this community – which is most of you, really. We can’t get the bad apples ruin in! Let’s take 2015 by the balls… or whatever >.<
So okay, today let’s check out Xpresso Reads’ 2014 highlights – it was a pretty mellow year, though (I was uber busy!), so bear with me >.< And then there’s an awesome giveaway to kick off the new year with a bang!
- Co-bloggers! It started with Jenni who came and went in the same year (sheesh, huh? >.<) and now there are 3 of us! The lovely ladies Amy and Faye joined Xpresso a couple of months ago, now, and it’s been great so far so I hope they stick around for a while 😉
- I went to BEA again this year. It was just as memorable an experience as last year (and I had several near death experiences on book-con day so I could say that again!) and an event that is completely worth it. For those who get the chance to go – don’t miss it! I do plan to attend again in 2015 so I hope to see some new and familiar faces again! 🙂
- We haven’t posted any in a while, but Book Girls Don’t Cry is our discussion feature here at Xpresso Reads where we chat about bookish things or vent or talk about whatever suits our fancy. You can check out the past year’s discussion posts here! And we’re always looking for discussion ideas, questions, whatever, that you can submit here!
- New design! I know this is technically not Xpresso Reads but I’m putting it here anyways >.< Xpresso Book Tours got a makeover this year. You can have a look for yourself here. While I never hated it, I was never truly happy with the design on that site so I finally took the time to redo it. The install and coding was done by the fabulous Ashley, of course 🙂 Xpresso Reads should be getting a new design in 2015, too! *gasp*
- This seems to be a controversial topic in the bookish world, but I do review DNF books – mostly they’re short reviews on why I put it down, and I feature them in round-up posts. You can find my first DNF round-up here, and part 2 here.
- We had our second annual Cover Madness Giveaway hop in 2014 which was another hit. So you can expect this hop to continue in 2015! 🙂 We usually have it right after BEA in the summer so stay tune!
- Meme switch! Last year I was doing WoW as the main (and mostly only) meme at Xpresso Reads, but in 2014 I switched to Top Ten Tuesday. I find they’re more fun to do and you can find a lot of my top reads and bookish recommendations from the lists I’ve posted here.
- Blogoversaries! Xpresso Reads turned 3 in 2014, and Xpresso Book Tours turned 2 with a new design to boot! And I hope I get many more blogoversaries to come! 🙂
- Did you miss my book life? I’m sporting quite the awesome bookish lifestyle, just saying! 😉
To kick off the New Year, I’m giving you all a chance to win one of my favorites books I read in 2014 shown below (if a book is part of a series you can pick any other in the series, instead):
- Open internationally (as long as The Book Depository ships to you)
- Giveaway ends January 15th, 2015
- Full contest terms and conditions found on Rafflecopter